Chapter 1 | The Offer

Hearing the alarm from (Y/N) phone was an unpleasant sound to hear on a morning day. At first, she ignored the alarm then remembered she had school to attend to. She sighed in annoyance, then got herself up from her bed and went towards the small closet that she had. She changed into her uniform and brushed her hair. Then she quickly grabbed her backpack before she exited the apartment. She pulled her phone out and was going to put her earbuds on till she heard someone yelling her name. She turned towards the direction to see it was her uncle, Jun-ho.

Why was he here? (Y/N) wondered. She rarely saw her uncle since he was always busy doing his job at the police station. She walked up to Jun-ho while she put her phone and earbuds away.

"Why are you here?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well, I just saw you walking and thought that you'd possibly want a ride to school. So you don't take the subway " Jun-ho said.

(Y/N) titled her head. "I'll take your offer."

    (Y/N) smiled at Jun-ho when she got in the front passenger seat. Obviously, she knew that Jun-ho didn't coincidentally saw her walking right out in front of the apartment she lived in. After all, he knew where she lived. Jun-ho started driving toward (Y/N) school when attempting to make conversation. (Y/N) already felt that the small conversation that Jun-ho was trying was too forceful. Jun-ho would try to bring back memories when she was younger which were happy but painful memories.

"Why did you come to see me?" (Y/N) finally asked.

"I wanted to see if you were okay. With your grandfather in the hospital."

"Who told you he was in the hospital?" (Y/N) questioned.

"Doesn't matter. Why didn't you contact me when your grandfather was ill? I could have help with the medical bills."

"My grandfather doesn't need any of my father's side of the family help. After all he isn't over my mother's death." (Y/N) told him. "Also I hardly even talk to you."

Jun-ho heavily sighed. "I've been busy. I'm aware that's not an excuse, but I want you to know that you can call me whenever. Even if I don' pick up, I will respond later. I'm not like you know who."

(Y/N) chuckled. "I know you're not like him."

"Good cause he's a bad example."

    Jun-ho pulled to the side of the road near (Y/N) school where other kids were entering the building while chatting to their friends. (Y/N) thanked Jun-ho for the ride then went ahead, walked inside her school, and straight to her class. Where the next several hours, (Y/N) had to deal with more assignments along with dealing with the strict teachers as well. More specifically, she had to deal with her math teacher. When the day was finally over, (Y/N) walked out of school and started to walk to the hospital to visit her grandfather.

Of course, she could have possibly called Jun-ho to pick her up but she went against that thought.
The walk to the hospital was very far, to say the least, but that didn't matter to (Y/N). As long as she gets to hang with her grandfather it was worth it. When Arriving at the hospital, she went up to the third floor and headed to her grandfather's room number.      (Y/N) saw her grandfather reading a book before he notice his granddaughter entering the room.

"(Y/N), I thought you'd be coming tomorrow." He said.

"I was but I wanted to see you today. How are you doing?" (Y/N) asked him.

"I'm doing just fine. How were your classes? Straight A's ?" He asked

"Yes sir, straight A's still." (Y/N) smiled. "How're your lungs doing?"