Chapter 8 | Quarrels

Upon returning to the room, none of the four players said anything. Sang-woo was about to turn to a different direction when he saw Gi-hun put his hand on Y/N's left shoulder, stopping her from walking any further with his eyes glaring at her.

"Why'd you do that?" Gi-hun fiercely questioned her.

"I did what I had to do." (Y/N) vacuously told him.

"What you had to do?" He said in disbelief what he was hearing. "Pushing an innocent guy to his DEATH is what you had to do?!" Gi-hun raised his voice.

"Actually yes." (Y/N) remained adamant, expressing an aggravated voice. "If I hadn't pushed him off then WE'd all be dead."

"He would have moved onto the next one soon." He stated.

"How can you know that? Huh?" Sang-woo stepped into the conversation. "The last guy could tell the tempered glass apart the whole time, but he watched all those poor bastards out there die." He reminded Gi-hun.

"The only reason we ALL made it was 'cause he could tell the titles apart." Gi-hun argued back.

"Stop with this  bullshit. That guy is not the reason that I'm still here! I'll tell you the reason, We're all alive because (Y/N) made a choice to save us."

"Stop making excuses for her, I'm not buying it." Gi-hun looked back at (Y/N). "You still kill someone and his bullet is in your hands. Is that what happened to Wang? Did you kill him also?"

    After Gi-hun spoke those words, (Y/N) squinted her eyes at Gi-hun In outraged. For a slight second, her heart skipped a beat with her right hand balling into a fist. Her mind was flooded with exasperation before punching Gi-hun across the face.  Causing him to trip a few steps backward feeling the throbbing pain on his cheek. He didn't expect her to punch him; however, how could he be that surprised? (Y/N)  (E/C) eye's stared intently at him like an eagle looking down at its prey. Gi-hun slowly looked back at (Y/N) to finally see that she was now fully a threat to him. He then looked at Sang-woo who stood by (Y/N) from the side, to see him looking at (Y/N) as if he was a proud father. (Y/N) is becoming just like Sang-woo. Gi-hun told himself. From afar, Sae-byeok watched as all three of them argued even more with each of them making a decent argument, yet she could see (Y/N) and Sang-woo's personalities were changing. And not for the better.
The louder the argument got, the more riled up their voices became until they were all silenced by the silver doors opening. Four of the guards came in each of them holding a box in their hands as the Manager stood in front of the four guards.

"Players, we sincerely congratulate and command you all for successfully making it through the first five games. The four of you are now the finalists and as such, we have prepared a special gift for each of you. Before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have bought." The mask manager told them.

    The manager gestured his hands telling the players to come to collect their boxes. (Y/N) went up first then was followed by Sang-woo, Gi-hun, and Sae-byeok. The guards showed the player's to the restroom where (Y/N) and Sae-byeok went inside the women' room while the men went to theirs. Both  (Y/N) and Sae-byeok agreed to face the different direction when changing in their clothes. Sae-byeok faced the mirrors as (Y/N) looked at walls. Sae-byeok went up one of the mirrors to view the small cut she had gotten.
Looking in the mirror  she only sustained a few scars on her cheek from the glass that was thrown at her. She was lucky that she hadn't gotten seriously injured at that stage, since she may not have been able to compete in the final sixth game.  In spite of that, she still had to watch out for herself since both (Y/N) and Sang-woo appeared to be more of a threat than before. Gi-hun was more liable to trust, even though she wished it was (Y/N). When remembering the times she had helped and given up her food to her. Sae-byeok cursed herself for even wanting to trust (Y/N) and to only realize she had grown attached to her. She continued to put on her outfit while those thoughts ran through her head.