Chapter 7 | Sacrificing

Entering back to the bunk bed room, the single tear that had sunken down from (Y/N) eye, had been wiped away knowing it would make her look vulnerable. (Y/N) was the last to return to the room, where she noted that everyone was staring at someone. When Mi-nyeo's voice spoke up, that got (Y/N) attention hastily since she assumed Mi-nyeo was dead. Mi-nyeo laughed at all the players, seeing how they looked traumatized as if they all saw a ghost or something. (Y/N) went ahead and sat in one of the beds, that was next to Gi-hun and Sang-woo. As usual (Y/N) was given her favorite (F/D) and (F/F) that she stared at for a good amount of minutes.

"Don't worry about it." Sang-woo said to both (Y/N) and Gi-hun. "He was an old man you only knew for a few days. And (Y/N) now you have fewer people to worry about with player 062 gone."

"Keep that mouth fucking shut." (Y/N) spat at Sang-woo.

Sang-woo exhales. "Very well. But See that man over there? He lost his wife."

(Y/N) was aware that Sang-woo was trying to Compared to player 069 losing his wife was much worse than (Y/N) losing Wang. Sang-woo might have been right, yet (Y/N) didn't care anymore. Gi-hun and (Y/N) looked over to player 069 who evidently looked miserable with his wife not being by his side. Player 069 gradually rose up and took a couple of steps forwards while begging everyone to end the game.

"You just had to kill the ones you were the closest to at this place, and you're good with that? Just to get the money?!" Player 069 bellowed with his eyes bursting out with tears.

Sang-woo stood up and walked over to player 069. "So what if we stop now? You think your wife will stop being dead if we all go now. And she'll forgive you for letting her get murdered? If you can't keep going, then why are you alive right now? " Sang-woo got hold of player 069 shirt, forcing the guy to look at him. "You should've have been the one who died there instead!" He yelled in pure anger.

Sang-woo kept yelling at player 069 telling him they were all too far into the game to go back now. Sang-woo pushed Player 069 away before he proceeded to shout at everybody asking them if any of them wanted to leave. Come as no surprise, no one said anything. Player 069 remained sobbing his eyes out for a long time while others stayed silent. Gi-hun showed a bit of pity for player 069 when hearing him weeping for his wife. While (Y/N) did not, she believed Sang-woo was right.

If player 069 was unable to continue playing the games then he should have let his wife live instead. As she look over at Sae-byeok, she noticed that she was grimly looking at the potato she had been given. (Y/N) looked back at her tasty (F/F), that she couldn't eat out of guilt consuming her of being alive. Instead, she drank her (F/D) that would keep her energized for a while. The time passed, and only a small crack of the light was visible. Player 244 prayed loudly, with his galling voice making sure everyone heard his prayer.

(Y/N) tried her hardest not to die out of boredom first until she noticed Sae-byeok was glancing at her (F/F). That easily grabbed (Y/N) attention, so she grabbed her food and headed towards her way. She stopped at the end of Sae-byeok's bed and tossed the food right next to her knee. Sae-byeok gazed at the food then up to (Y/N).

"You need more than I do." (Y/N) told her.

Right when (Y/N) was walking back to her bed, Sae-byeok briskly ate the food that (Y/N) had given her since it was much better than eating a single potato. When (Y/N) returned to her own bed, she was met with a Sang-woo look of disapproval.

"You should have eaten that food for yourself." He told her.

"You're correct. But remember it's my decision, not yours of what I do with my food." (Y/N) said with full of fire in her voice.

During the time (Y/N) talked to Sang-woo, the Front man was currently showing VIP guests where they will be watching the games. They were walking down the steps of stairs while the VIPs were complimenting the astounding game that Korea always held each year. The Front man appreciated the compliment and assured them that this year's games will not disappoint. Suddenly one of the VIPs with the panther mask on yelled in frustration at the screen that showed player 069 about to hang himself. The rest of the VIPs started laughing at the man who had betted one million dollars on player 069.