Chapter 11 | Sir

Being on the ferry boat and trying to avoid your father was harder than (Y/N) had expected. Especially when you're not allowed to speak to Gi-hun. So (Y/N) aimlessly strolled around in the ferry while she attempted to have a conversation with one of the guards. Unfortunately for (Y/N) all of them gave her a one-word answer in fear that if they spoke too much, they might get killed by her. Or by the Frontman. Regardless of her failed attempts, (Y/N) was determined to get one of the guards to have a conversation with her, and luckily one of them did. Even if it didn't last long.

"Hey." (Y/N) said to one guard guarding a hallway.

"Yes, Sir-Ma'am?" The guard quickly corrected himself realizing he wasn't talking to the Frontman.

"Why is everyone calling me a ma'am? It makes sound like an old lady."(Y/N) said jokingly, however, the guard didn't take it that way.

"MY apologies Ma'am--- I mean Sir." He stuttered as he panicked.

"Calm down, I was joking. You know what joke is correct?" (Y/N) asked.

"Uh yes, I do." He replied hesitantly, unsure why she was extremely nice, unlike the Frontman.

"New I'm assuming?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yes."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. "Why do you guys only give one-word answers?"

"It's not our job to have conversations."

"Yet here we are having one. Anyhow, how's your day been?"

The guard just looked to see if he heard that sentence correctly. Did she really ask how my day was? This was extremely unusual especially, with the strict rules that they had in place. Most importantly, compare how the Frontman treats all of the guards; this was just weird. Was this a test?

"Fairly good." He said plainly.

Before (Y/N) could respond with anything else, She saw the guard immediately had straightened up in his standing position. His mask moved to the side more, telling (Y/N) that he was looking behind her. That's when the loud footsteps came right behind her. She didn't have to bother turning around to see who it was considering she could easily recognize his footsteps.

"We are now departing Twenty-six." The Frontman informs her.

"Understood." (Y/N) replied, feeling ticked off as she was finally about to have a conversation with someone.

Unwilling, (Y/N) turned around and followed the Frontman without saying a word to the guard that she was just speaking to. They walked out of the ferryboat, where two limos were waiting for them. The fact that there were two limos instead of one made (Y/N) wonder why? That's when her attention was drawn to two guards escorting Gi-hun in the direction to one of the limos, with a blindfold covering his eyes and his hands tied up. (Y/N) was baffled. He won the game and they treated him like this?

"You'll be dropped off at your grandfather's apartment." The Frontman handed (Y/N) a black debit card, which she took by putting it inside her pocket. "While I personally drop player 456 off."

(Y/N) didn't reply back, she was already heading towards the limo that Gi-hun wasn't shoved in. She had enough listening to her father speak, still upset about her loss of her uncle. She just hoped the Frontman was only dropping Gi-hun off and not about to murder him. One of the guards opened the passenger door of the limo, with (Y/N) getting inside with the door closing behind her. She looked through the tinted window to see her father getting farther and farther away as the limo sped away. When (Y/N) looked back at one of the seats, she noticed a bag that contained the clothes that she had worn before joining the games.