Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

・❥・

・❥・

The weary one slowly made their way down the lengthy halls of the fortress. Yawning at least five times on the way to their destination.

'I forget how long this damn hallway is..' They thought.

Taking one deep breathe, they opened the door after knocking on the royalty's entryway. Peeking through, the lengthy dresses hanging, the sparkly tiaras everywhere where the first thing they saw.
They found it hard to believe how messy her room got.

"ahem."
"Ms. Mai, the sun is up and the queen has requested to see you for breakfast."

A small grunt escaped her lips, after taking a second to stretch. Her short, soft, silky dark green hair being removed out of her face.

'Does she always look this pretty?' They thought, taking a second to examine her figure.

"Well, good morning to you too, Y/n." Mai smiled noticing the knight studying her.

They snapped out of their trance, and cleared their throat.

"You know, for someone whose supposed to be protecting the kingdom.." Mai started to say as she stood up from her resting area, revealing her slim long arms and legs.
"You sure do pay attention to other things."

They knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Very funny."
"Might wanna run down to the dining hall, or else theres gonna be a lecture as a side for your food." Y/n tried to change the subject.

・❥・

'Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.' They thought, lightly hitting the side of their head with their fists.

'Pull yourself together F/n.' Y/n took a breather.

After that small little moment, They put themself back in order before knocking and entering the next princess's room

"Y/n, good morning." An unexpectedly awakened female spoke to them, not looking up from a book she was reading.

"Ms. Maki! You're...awake?"

"I thought we agreed not to refer to each other in a formal way." She reminded them placing, the book aside.

She sat in her vanities' chair, putting her chin in her palm with a nonchalant look.

"Right. Sorry."
"How long have you been awake?"

"Not long, just for about 10 minutes."

There it was again, the absolute beauty the Zenin twins held. In all actuality, everyone who knew of their presence were envious or influenced by their gorgeousness. It should be a crime to be this attractive, it often distracted Y/n during their duties. Especially since they first met.

----

'It's concerning how your own daughter, a future QUEEN I might add, is wasting their own time pretending to be on a battle field.'

Young Maki stood in the doorway of the meeting hall, eavesdropping on the conversation topic. She just wanted to play. She was a child, that's what they do.
Right?

'Maki needs to be under special observation, Mei.' An older woman fussed.

'I'm afraid I do not agree with that.' Mei Mei took a sip of her white wine.

'Mei, we discussed this before. Shortly after Maki, Mai will be queen one day. We need to make sure she sets a good example for her younger sister.'

'No royal descendant should ever be exposed to violent nature such as that.'

Young Maki knew her own mother didn't like getting bossed around. However this was Maki's grandmother we're talking about. So, she (Maki's grandma) did have small control over her daughter.

'For instance, one of those knight-in-training will do.'
'I'm sure one of them will whip her back in shape.'

'And prevent her from this...menacing behavior that will destroy her reputation.'

And they did exactly that.

After a short amount of time, both the girls were introduced to Y/n L/n, one of the top knights-in-training. They were at the top of all missions and assignments. Of course the higher-ups thought that the most sophisticated, dedicated, and apprehended student should be a perfect way of putting the girls in shape.

Everyday, Y/n would be around Maki, observing her behavior, and as they got older, Maki's interests.

----

'God, I hate this..'

"Y/n." She called.
"Your staring again."

"I was? Me?" They pointed to themself.

"Yes. It happens almost on the daily."

"Oh." They responded, getting flustered.

"Lately, i've been thinking about how I should spend my free time."

"How so?"

"Reversing the roles of course!" Maki smiled.

"What..do you mean by that?"

"For majority of your time here, you always took time out of your day to watch over me."
"So instead of that, I'll follow you around today! Thus, reversing the roles." The princess explained.

"Wouldn't you get into trouble?" Y/n hesitated.

"I'm going to be around you, aren't I?"

Maki Zenin, was indeed, a very smart person. She was at the top of each and every thing she did. Her studies, problem-solving, and even her duties as next in line to take the throne, she managed to make her way to the top. Contrary to her sister who always landed second to Maki.
You name it, and Princess Maki would get it done no matter what it took.

If she wanted something to go her way, she would get it.
And in this case, this is exactly what she wanted.

To spend time with the one she adored the most.