IX

・❥・

・❥・

They had thoroughly inspected the lengthy walkways for any night shift knight's. Security was tight after 9:30, nobody came in, nobody came out, thus resulting in Guards around every corner. They've known this castle like they knew Maki, from every pathway to the secret rooms only certain people have seen, so getting caught by someone was unlikely. After all, they have been sneaking to see Maki for years.

----

The small h/c child struggled to climb up the wall.

'Please be careful, you could get hurt!' A young Maki whisper yelled.

'I got this Maki! I've trained tons of times for this stuff!' They smiled at her, plopping onto the top of the bricked structure.

She was shocked at the child's courageous acts. She wondered what led to the two sneaking out to the field a few blocks away.

'Don't you trust me?' Their smile slightly faded.

'What if we get caught?' Maki twiddled with her thumbs.

'What if we don't? I know a path to get us there quicker, that way we can spare time!'
'You just have to trust me! Okay, Maki?' Y/n held out their hand.

She was hesitant, but she took their hand. Putting all faith in them that they wouldn't get caught, but even if they did, they still got to spent time with them.

Not letting go of the princesses hand, they both ran into the distance to the field, which had rows and columns of flowers, some more grown than others.

'How did you find out about this place?' She asked.

'A couple years ago it was an extended version of the training area. Then they reduced it because some farmers requested a field space, but now they don't use it anymore so the gardeners just use it as a flower field!' Y/n looked through the flowers.

'They're so pretty.' Maki smiled.

'That's why I brought you here, because they remind me of you!'

'You're really pretty!' They giggled.

----

After arriving in the yard, they spotted Mai sat on a nearby bench.

"Do you know how many people are inside right now?" Y/n pointed at the gate.

"Around 130." Mai grinned.

"How did you manage to get pass 100 guards?!"

"You're not the only one who knows the secrets of this place."

"What did you call me out here for anyway?"

"No reason." She smiled.

"Really? You had me thinking it was something important."