IV

・❥・

・❥・

"Good morning you two." Mei Mei greeted the twins in the dining room.

"Good morning." They spoke, taking a seat.

"I know I've probably mentioned this before, but sometime in the future, I'll be leaving temporarily."

"What? When?!" Mai questioned her.

"Soon. I'm not sure when, however when the day comes, Y/n will take control while I'm away."

"What about their duties?" Maki asked.

"That's none of your concern. I have everything planned from the day I leave to when I come back."
"When you get crowned, Maki, you'll need to learn how to plan ahead, It's an extremely important necessity. You too as well Mai."

The two girls looked at each other. Both of them having the same thoughts.
Why tell them this now?

A knock then interrupted the conversation.

"Enter." Mei Mei permitted, taking a sip from her "juice".

"Ma'am, Princess Mai, Maki." Y/n stepped into the room.

"How may I help you, Y/n?"

"If you're too busy, it can wait."

"No. I'll be right there." She stood.

Leaving the twins alone, Mei Mei accompanied Y/n just outside the door.

"What's going on?"

"Um.. We had a council meeting yesterday night, and they wanted me to do the honors of confirming an idea of theirs was alright."

"I'm all ears."

"In order for the kingdom and the family to be safe, we were thinking that we should become aquatinted with the Gojo clan.."

Y/n thought they might've hit a brick wall because once they shared the plan, Mei Mei didn't seem very on board with it. They understood that the idea had seemed like a bad one, but not bad enough for her to look this upset.

"You are aware that I'm not very fond with the king, correct?"

"Yes ma'am."

"And tell me if I'm wrong, but this was your idea, no?"

"..Yes." They hesitated.

They struggled to even look her in the eye. There was an obvious hint that she didn't like this one bit. But she then took one deep breathe and sighed.