II

・❥・

・❥・

"He's just standing there." A kid spoke quietly.

"You think he's mad?" Another asked.

"I dunno. But he does look stressed."

"You think we should l.. you know, do something?"

All night, he couldn't stop thinking about what they said to him. The poor thing barely got any sleep because of it stressed him out so much.

"Hey!"

"Ryu! Hello?!"

Next thing he knew something had hit him hard enough to zone him back in.

"What the hell!?" Ryuko fussed.

"I called you like, 7 times." Yuka explained.

"So you slapped me?"

"Nah dude. I sucker-punched you in the throat."

He looked around to see the children looking in their direction. He had hit a brick wall, and there was no other solution to dealing with the pain-in-the-ass of a nuisance that stood in front him.

Ryuko grabbed Yuka by his collar and leaned over his ear.

"Fuck you." He whispered.

・❥・

There little Y/n was, following their instructor to the courtyard.

'Um. Sir?'

'What is it know, Y/n?'

'Why can't I be with the other group anymore?'

'That group is too inane for you.'

'In..ane?'

'Meaning that previous group is to childish for you. You are far too smart and skillful to be around kids your age.'

'But..I like being with them. It's fun!'

Little did they know that would've been the one of the worst mistakes that they'd ever make in their life.

'Listen up kid. You aren't here to have fun. You're here to protect the princesses, defeat those who threaten to kill our people, and take down people who want to take your spot.'
'Because once you get older, you won't live the happy go lucky life you think you'll have.'

They might've been a child once he said that, but Y/n understood exactly what he meant. And that's why they never kept them in that group, they were too skilled and well-trained.

'Everyone, form a circle.'

They found it weird how quickly he could change his attitude. Honestly, they hated it.