𝟑 [☼♢] • NANAMI K.

Written by -CHEWIE-

#⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by bobachiiBaka
• Nanami Kento & Reader
• Gender neutral reader
• Fluff 
• Platonic 
• Manga spoilers
• 2nd POV

—Note(s): Father!Nanami; Child!Reader; platonic/not romantic.

HERE WE ARE

HERE WE ARE

0:15 ─❍──────── -3:00
↻     «  ►  »     ↺
# ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The room you woke up in was surrounded by the aura of something savory, woken by the saliva building up in your mouth. The comforter on top of you slid off your body as you sat up, you could feel the newborn knots pulling at your scalp. Your room was bigger than you were used to, still adjusting to all the new space of your new home. You jumped off your seemingly twin sized bed and quietly opened the door, your purple nightgown hitting your legs as you walked.

You peeked out of the crack of the door, the aroma of syrup only driving your legs forward. As silently as possible, you tried to sneak towards the kitchen, the sizzling of food on a pan caused your jaw to clench in anticipation. You never hated breakfast, but you never enjoyed it either. It didn't change the fact that the person taking care of you is some kind of six foot monster. Your entire body flinched once the sizzling had gotten louder, the short clicking of the stovetop being adjusted. You breathed and ran into the room, aiming to dive under the dining table. You didn't dive fast enough, ramming your forehead into the edge.

The entire table shook, the plates along with the silverware clattered against the surface. You had completely given away your position.

Slowly, you turned around to look at the huge man looming over you. The pulsating sting in your head is almost the least of your concerns.

"You should stop running around like that? You'll break something," he squatted down to your height, you couldn't take him seriously in the pink apron he sported across his chest.

Your hands flew to the newborn bump on your head, tears pricking out of the corner of your eyes once you had fully registered the pain. No sobs escaped your mouth, or any noise. Eventually, your persecutor stood up and left, saying something about burnt eggs.

With haste, you scrambled over to the chair, crawling into it from underneath. Spotting the glass in front of you filled with orange juice, you picked it up with both hands to hold it against your forehead.

"Why do you keep sneaking like that? Is it because you hate eggs?"

His voice was soft when he talked to you, the sizzling on the pan no longer present at all-- only the quiet clicking of the silverware in his hands. You remained silent, holding back the painful tears that threatened to peek out.

"'S cause you're so scary, Kento."

Kento turned to you with a neutral look on his face, "Am I? Really?"

You nodded, he only nodded back and continued fidgeting with the food he was making. A plate of steamy eggs and diced sausage made its way on the tabletop, another smaller plate with toasted bread with butter and bacon on the side. Your mouth was watering, the tears that were in your eyes had completely disappeared alongside your pain. You set the glass of juice onto the tabletop with care, shifting your gaze to the larger man sitting down.

"Don't tell me you're scared of breakfast too," Kento's lips curled upward once he saw your face fixated on the food before you.

Ignoring his statement you took a bite out of the diced sausage meat and cringed.

"It's burnt."

"If you can do better let me know."

Kento took a bite and tasted the charcoal inside it, "I think I burnt it."

You couldn't help but snicker, the surprised face with a mix of disappointment. Despite the very charred aftertaste, you managed to eat most of everything he displayed in front of you. The scrambled eggs are the only real enjoyable dish, even if the bottoms were scorched. You didn't enjoy the food, at least not in the way you were supposed to. But you haven't had a real breakfast at a table in what felt like years, even if it was just the two of you.

You weren't scared of Kento, not him as a person. You knew he was kind and outgoing, but you didn't want to open up. You felt so safe inside this house, even if you'll never get to see your old home you missed so dearly. Kento interrupted your thoughts as he nudged your glass of orange juice towards you.

"Orange juice is kind of gross," you stated, taking a sip of it.

Kento shook his head, "You just need to find the good kind, then you'll be fine."

You sighed, "Sure, dad."

The atmosphere in the room froze, your hands around the glass seemed to be numb around the cold surface. Kento was frozen just as you were, eyes wide with shock.

Your figure shot up off the chair, preparing yourself for an apology. Once your eyes caught sight of his smile you had no idea what to do next.

"I'm sorry, it just slipped out..."

Kento chuckled through his nose, "Don't apologize. It makes me happy."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Written by -CHEWIE-

┌──────────────┐JUJUTSU RADIO└──────────────┘

┌──────────────┐
JUJUTSU
RADIO
└──────────────┘