CHAPTER ONE

I was sitting on a sofa in the basement when I heard someone ring the doorbell.
"MIKE! Go open the door!" My mom shouted at me.
"uh, I'm going!" I shouted at her and rolled my eyes. I went up the stairs and walked to the door. I opened the door and was shocked. In front of me stood a boy a little taller than me. He had black hair and was dressed in a black coat.
"Is Karen here?" A boy with a Russian accent asked.
"Um hey, she's probably in the kitchen. Come on." I answered and he entered the house, escorted him to the kitchen.
"Boris. You don't even know how glad I am you're here." Mom said. I was confused. Did she know him? "Mike, this is your brother Boris." Did she really just say brother? Why I didn't know him?
"Once again what? Brother?" I asked completely confused.
"Yes. He's an year older than you." She said.
"And why is he here?" I still didn't understand why he came after so many years. Why didn't he come earlier?
"Because my father is FINALLY in jail." He said and grinned.
"Why is he in jail?" I asked.
"Murder. He did it with what you call ........ a wrench." He replied.
"You're going to sleep in Mike's basement. There's a couch. Until we fix your room." Mom said.
"Okay." He smiled and I took him to the basement.
"So where have you lived?" I asked.
"In Las Vegas." He replied. "Hey um, I have to call my friend." He said.
"Um sure." I left the room.
Boris pov
I went to call my boyfriend Potter. I didn't want Mike to ask questions so that's why I didn't tell that me and Potter dating. I dialed his number and called him.
"Hey любовь(love)." I said.
"Hey baby. I miss you." He said in a sad tone.
"Me too. With who am i suposed to drug now?" I started laughing.
"Moron." He also started laughing.
"You have to come here." I said.
"And what will we do?" He said with a naughty tone in his voice.
"You have to come and I show it to you." I smirked. I heard someone was coming here.
"Someone's coming. Я люблю вас((I love you)." I said.
"I love you, too." He said and hung up.
"Um sorry to bother you but dinner is ready."
Mike entered the room.
"Okay." I said and we both went to the kitchen.
(Skip time)
"So what was it like living in Las Vegas?" Karen asked. I know she's my mother, but I didn't know her for sixteen years, so I decided to call her Karen.
"If I don't count my father, it was fine." I smiled.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked. Uh  must she know everything. Well, I didn't want to make a "bad impression", so I didn't say anything about my ex's, it was just sex. I also didn't tell them anything about Theo.
"I have not." I started laughing a little. After dinner I went to the basement and Mike came there too.
"My friends will be here tomorrow and I thought that you might want to meet them," he said.
"Um, of course." Well, in fact, Mike looks like a good younger brother, but he's also decent, he learns well. I don't think he ever had sex or a girlfriend. He is exactli opposite of me. So his friends will probably be some loser, and I don't need to listen to them talk about homework. Maybe I'm wrong. Oh, I miss Potter.
"Do you want to go out?" I added.
"Okay, but mom can't see us." He said.
"I have experience with this." I grinned.
(Skip time)
We were in the alley behind the starcourt mall.
I pulled out a cigarete packet. I took one and offered Mike.
"Do you smoke?" I asked.
"Not." He answered.
"Do you want to start?" I grinned.
"Rather not." He said and I lit a cigarette. I inhaled and exhaled smoke in his direction.
"Just try it," I said, laughing. He took a cigarette, inhaled, and began coughing. I started laughing even more. When he stopped coughing, he returned my cigarette.
"Since when do you smoke?" He asked.
"Hmmm, in theory, since I've been talking." I replied. "Have you ever drunk?" I asked.
"Not." He answered.
"You should try it, it's fun. I'll get you vodka. Maybe some drugs." I smirked.
"Mom would kill me," he said.
"she don't have to know everything. Me and Potter-." I started laughing.
"Who's Potter?" He asked me. I couldn't say he's my boyfriend.
"Hmmm friend," I said "best friend."