Untitled Part 4

A new day had arrived the month was over and you could finally go back to normal. Well as normal as you get at least. Y/n could hardly sit still waiting for the bell to ring. Ten more minutes until you get to step into the gym, ten more minutes until you're back in uniform, ten more minutes until you get to feel your palms burning your muscles aching, your body on the verge of collapse from exhausting. The thought of all the things you had missed out on for the past three weeks made you feel as if you were floating on a cloud made of sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Ding dong ding dong dong dong ding dong

. Y/n quickly shot up shoveling her things into her bag wrinkling papers she was meant to be working on. You waited semi patiently at the door for Hinata who was taking his sweet time gathering his things. You and Hinata had grown close over the three weeks you were M.I.A. He would often come over when there wasn't any practice or after a late night to give you volleyball gossip while you were away. Come inside and hang out in your backyard until your father made it. You would quickly shove him over the fence when you heard your father's car in the driveway.

"Rule number one: No boys. What's rule number two?" Your father asked while holding up said number.

"Rule number two: No boys or else." A young Y/n scrunched up her face in a playful manner while her father brushed her hair into a neat puff.

"And what's rule number three." He smirked topping the style off with a white hair ribbon. "Rule number three, if a boy tries to talk to you punch him where the sun doesn't shine and run away." You giggled while swinging your legs back and forth on the barstool. Although the one time you did follow rule number three you were grounded to hell. "COME ON HINATA HURRY UP". You complained stomping your foot once he finally looked over to you. "Okay let's go I'm ready." He smiled while hanging his bag off his shoulder. You were so happy you practically skipped the whole way to the gym. Your (H/c) braids swing wildly with reckless abandonment. Hinata was smacked in the face every few strides, but he didn't seem to mind. This was the most excited he had seen you in weeks. He decided it was best to let you bask in the moment. You Slammed your hands into the door causing a big boom upon impact.

The gym that smelled strangely of lemon was a sight for sore eyes. Your teammates crowded you with welcome backs and hugs before you went back to practicing. You felt happy your wide smile made that fact evident. You could hardly sit still. For once you were happy to shag lost balls your least favorite part about the sport became fun all because you had a ball in your hands. By the end of practice (Y/n) was exhausted. She used her shirt to wipe away her sweat while she cleaned. She was satisfied like a beast after indulging in its favorite meal. The cool night breeze felt refreshing after being cooped inside of the hot gym a breath of fresh air was well deserved. "How did you like your first day back?" Hinata asked breaking the silence. "It was nice, everyone was really welcoming when I came back." Hinatas hand gently grazed yours causing him to jump. "Something wrong?" (Y/n) asked stopping to look at Hinata. He was a crimson red fiddling with his bag strap. "Um no I thought I saw something, it was nothing." You hummed a response waiting for Hinata to catch up with you. You noticed he kept his arms folded in front of him, did you make him uncomfortable?

The backyard gate squeaked when you opened the door. The grass grew widely, it was in desperate need of a trim. A task your father would usually handle if he weren't so busy. You trotted over to the spot you usually lay, a path with two large splotches, pushed down from all the time you would spend in the backyard. Both you and Hinata talked for a while pointing out different constellations you could find and cracking jokes. For a moment Hinata went silent, for a second you thought he had left. The only thing debunking your thought was the sound of his breathing. At last, he finally spoke. He raised his hand high into the sky tracing another constellation with his figure.