Love triangle

(Y/n) bit the inside of her cheek staring at the style she had spent so much time doing. It looked strange, she thought while going under her counter and pulling out a box full of hair clips. She adorned her hair with the clips adding a splash of color to her boring (H/c) locks. She smiled while wrapping a headscarf around the style to lay her edges. The happy jingle her father set the doorbell to rang throughout the house. It was time for her to go. Tossing a few makeup items in her bag and any remanding school supplies she hadn't put away the night before as well. The doorbell rang once again, Hinata was getting impatient. She quickly used the shoehorn hanging in the closet to put her shoes on before opening the door. To Hinata absentmindedly ringing the bell. "Alright, I'm here, and stop assaulting my doorbell." (Y/n) slightly yelled slapping his hand away. Hinata shrugged grabbing his bike by the handles before taking a double-take at your hair. "Your hair looks nice." He said while hopping on his bike, leaving room for you to join him. You smiled while wrapping your arms around his waist, settling in for the ride. "That's nice of you to say, good to know my hard work is appreciated." 

====================================================================================

The moment you walked into the class you were given a pop quiz. You tried your best to hide your rage while sitting down at your desk. You bit the inside of your cheek while twirling your (F/c) pen in your hand. Small amounts of shuffling could be heard behind you, your black girl instincts were going off and you didn't like it. You quickly turned around catching the hand of a frisky classmate. The two of you locked eyes before you spoke up "Boy what the hell are you doing?" She yelled while tossing the hand to the side, as well as drawing attention. "Is something wrong Mrs.(L/n)?" Your teacher asked while looking up from her computer. "No, but there will be". You mumbled the last part under your breath. While going back to your test. Shortly after you handed in the test and left, needing to get rid of some pent-up anger you went to the gym. Abandoned your blazer at the door and grabbed the ball cart. Your palms turned a bright red with each ball you sent over the net. The sound vibrated throughout the gym, You were so distracted that you didn't notice you had a watcher.

"Your posture is wrong." Asahi said while strolling to your side with his arms crossed. You shrugged your shoulders. "I know my posture is wrong, I'm a Libero so I don't get to spike the ball." You sent another ball over the net, Asahi handed you another one. "If you like, I could show you the correct way." You paused deciding to hand him the ball and take a step back.  "I don't see why I shouldn't learn, maybe it could help me in the long run." After a few balls were sent over, it was your turn to try. "You're close but not quite, let me just...." He trailed off waiting for a sign that it was okay to proceed. He bent down to your level fitting himself to your stance helping you through the motions. You were eye level to his chest. His body was warm, leaving a trail of warmth with each spot his body brushed over. "Alright, now try." He steps aside while stepping out of your space bubble. You took in a deep breath before tossing the ball, taking a step and swinging your arm with as much power you could muster. The ball went further than normal. You smiled while turning to Asahi. "Was that good?" He nodded while handing you a ball. "You wanna try a One on One match?" You asked while spinning the ball you held in your hand.

"How would that work?" He asked while quirking a brow. "It would be the same as a normal match although you could touch the ball more than once." He shrugged his shoulders. "Wouldn't that put me at an unfair advantage? You have more experience with ball control." Now it was your turn to shrug. He was the third year, wouldn't that make him better than you since he had more training? You zoned out momentarily before responding. "I don't think that's how that works?" You handed him the ball before going on the opposite side of the net. "Don't hold back, the winner has bragging rights." "And has the loser has to buy the winner lunch?" He added while serving the ball. You quickly closed the distance setting the ball and sending it over the net.

================================================================================

Sweat beads formed on the two teen's foreheads, Asahi was up five points from winning. Neither showed signs of slowing down. The sound of squeaking sneakers and hard panting filled the gym, creating a rhythm.  It was similar to the steady beat of a song. A song filled with determination and passion. You were saved by the bell, it was time for your next class. "We're not done here, let's pick back up after school." You called while pulling your blazer back on. "Alright sounds like a plan." Asahi waved with a smile until you were no longer in sight.

Asahi had been wanting to converse with the (H/c) curly-haired girl. And today he got his wish. He smiled once more while cleaning up the balls she had forgotten about. If he were lucky he would have a chance with her. After all the training camp was coming up soon maybe they could get closer.

(Heads up the training camp won't be canon at all. I'll treat it more like a summer camp that happens to have volleyball. I would like to use the series of chapters to build on romance and to develop Y/n more. Also, this is slightly unedited. I used Grammarly to find mistakes but I didn't full edit it myself.)