A night to remember

(F/n) = favorite number

The bonfire crackled and popped, offering warmth for the cool night. It was the last night of the training camp, as a way to bring the schools together and express their gratitude to coaches who got together and tossed in some of their pay. You sat off to the side a small bit away from the crowd just admiring the ambiance. It was calm yet chaotic all at once. You joined in when it came time to roast marshmallows and make smores. Hinata sat on your right, and Asahi sat on your left. They would start idle chatter with you, although you seemed to be disinterested. Instead, you focused on your phone. "Do you have any plans for summer?" Hinata asked while rotating his marshmallow. You nodded, your, (H/l) curls bounced slightly. "I'm going home to America for the summer, visiting family." You glanced up from your phone catching his gaze. He nodded while sucking on his inner cheek. "How long will you be gone?" "for a month, I leave in 3 weeks." You explained. You noticed his eyes dim, a small look of sorrow. "If you like, you can come. Daddy bought three tickets by mistake, he said I could bring a friend if I like." You smiled, that brought the light back into his eyes. You seemed to notice his eyes more often, you were drawn to him.

Asahi choked on his s'more, you patted him on the back. "Do you need water?" You asked concern laced your voice, it was also evident in your eyes. He shook his head in between gasping. "Are you sure, don't want the Ace to be put out of commission?" You joked, your hand rested on his arm. He flushed red while looking away. "Oh, what's that coach you need me gotta go." You knitted your brows together, that was strange you thought. Before you could ask questions the Nekoma coach grabbed everyone's attention. He had two read boxes in front of him, one labeled girls the other labeled boys. You bite into your s'more while watching the plump old-timer. "Listen up cus I'm only going to say this once, follow the arrows at no point do you step foot off the trail. If you get lost were not coming to look for you. Stay with your buddy at all times, and finally have fun." He smiled while gesturing towards the woods. They were doing a test of courage, peace of cake you thought while sticking your hand into the deep box and grabbing a number. (F/n) you smiled while pushing it into your pocket and moving off the sidelines waiting to see who got what partner. Hinata was the last to get his number. He looked around, almost everyone had a partner. Almost everyone but you. You stared absentmindedly at your phone. He felt a ping in his heart, could this mean you were his partner. Sure a few girls had still been searching for a partner but there was still a good chance it was you.

Hinata did a brisk jog towards your direction, clearing his throat until he had your attention. You glanced up at him, your (e/c) eyes catching in the firelight making them glow. "
Um.... do you have (F/n)?" He asked while holding up his pin. You nodded while tucking your phone under your arm. "I guess that means were partners. I hope you can protect me." You joked with a wink, Hinata flushed a bright red averting his eyes, for a moment he wanted to say he would protect you from the world. Although he reconsidered the idea as soon as it crossed his mind. One by one each pair was sent into the forest. Hinata took the lead keeping an eye out for "Dangerous things"

As he would call it. "Why are you walking so fast?" You asked while catching up with him. "Maybe you're just walking slow." Hinata teased. You rolled your eyes. "But like I was saying before you're welcome to come to America with me. If I'm telling the truth I wanted to ask you sooner but I kept forgetting". Hinata noticed your voice turned meek. That was new, and he liked it. "I would have to check in with my mom but if she says yes I'm okay with going." Hinata tried his best to act nonchalant meanwhile your eyes gave away all of your emotions. "Wow really?, that's great. We can help each other pack." (Y/n) held Hinata's hand in both of hers with a grin.

Hinata stared at your interlocked fingers blankly before responding. He simply nodded while resuming on the trail. A few miles later and some messily scares you came across a lump of darkness. You got closer the lump was a person. You could make out the head and the legs easily. (Y/n) stopped dead in her tracks her cheerful attitude dropping. She clenched her fist tightly and stared blankly. Hinata stopped giving you a confused look. "Something wrong?" (Y/n) didn't know how to respond several thoughts ran around her head. She could've picked just one so she stood trying her best but failing to pick her words. Finally, she spoke. Corpses make me...... remember something traumatic." That was all she said before looking in the direction they started in. "I think we should turn back" "There's not that much left to go, plus I don't think we're allowed to turn back." (Y/n) sighed she decided to give in. You held out your hand to Hinata. "Can you hold my hand while we walk past?"

Hinata blush, you were a good actor he would have held your hand without the lie. He nodded while grabbing your hand. His palm was warm and sweaty he cringed at the thoughts you may have been thinking. You had a tight grip on his hand when you walked past the corpse, you stared it down never taking your eyes away from it. You felt dizzy, your steps were uneven almost a limp. You paused and stared once more your vision went hazy you felt light-headed. You blinked and then the whole room was white. You sat up confused weren't you just in the woods a second ago. You merely blinked and then your whole world shifted. You looked out the window, there was a small amount of daylight.

You put to and to together. You fainted after seeing the corpse. You groaned while flipping back into the hard lemon-scented pillow. "That's so embarrassing"  you laughed while kicking up the blankets. Your laughter soon died down after you heard gentle footsteps. The curtain was pulled softly revealing your coach. "You feeling better?" She asked while handing you an apple and a bottle of water. You nodded while excepting the snack. "Your partner was really worried for you, he came sprinting out of the forest with you on his back." She chuckled. "Poor thing looked like he was gonna pass out with you." You smiled while looking down "I'll have to apologize to him when I get the chance." (Y/n) was sighed out of the infirmary and was sent back to her room to pack, the buses would be there in an hour.

(Sorry for the late chapter just been busy with school and the newest book I've started)