06: sleepless in apt. 403

"You guys should just stay the night," I beg as Keaton and Niall come into the apartment to say their last goodbyes. The truth was I didn't want to be alone with the baby again, my emotions were scattered and I didn't know what to do to calm her down if she woke up in the night. I didn't know how to change a diaper or make a bottle if she happened to get hungry again.

"As fun as a sleepover would be my bed is calling to me, it's like you can hear her from here!" Niall leans against the open door frame with tired bags hanging from his eyes. He runs a hand through his brunette hair that had been gelled to his liking, if it was one thing Niall obsessed over was his hair.

"I'm with Niall, I'm exhausted. I can help you get her ready for bed though, show you the ropes?" Keaton offered in between her yawns as she looked over at me with sleepy eyes. She mustered a grin blinking slowly.

"I would love that, and then maybe I can get you to change your mind about staying with me and Lilah!" I say.

"Is that so?" Kea teases breaking out into a toothy smile as the light from the tabletop lamp laid a soft filter over her perfectly blurred skin

"Is that so?" Kea teases breaking out into a toothy smile as the light from the tabletop lamp laid a soft filter over her perfectly blurred skin. She tosses her hair to the side with her hand and looks over at Niall waving to him in his departure.

"I will see you two tomorrow then, don't do anything too explicit in front of little baby Lilly!" Niall shouts as he shuts the front door and runs in a dash causing us both to roll our eyes playfully at the door Niall had abruptly closed.

"I hate to wake her up," Keaton says looking down in the car seat to see Lilah taking deep breaths, her stomach moves up and down slowly.

"She does look really peaceful," I concur looking at her little body all bundled under a fox-printed baby blanket. The little forest animals are printed all over the blanket that keeps Lilah warm and cozy. "Maybe we should let her sleep for a while?"

"No, it's best we get this all done as fast as possible because she's not going to like it," Keaton says bending down and stroking the baby's chubby little cheeks. I grin to myself seeing how gentle she was with her, how she cared so much when she had every right to leave me.

I knew the thought of me having a baby with someone else must hurt her even if she would never let me see that part of her. She didn't have to be here with me at 10:00, putting a baby to bed with me. She didn't even have to look my way after I told her all of this but she did.

"Alright Princess, I know, I know, it's so upsetting huh," Keaton coos to Lilah who begins to stir and whine as Kea peels off her blanket and begins to unbuckle her.

We move around in the soft lights of lamps and candles that Kea lit. She showed me all the things she and Niall had built while I was at the wedding ceremony and I was impressed. They had put together a little corner in my bedroom for Lilah, the bassinet stood in the corner with a white blanket hanging over the side, ready for a night's sleep.