Proud Lion and Greedy Dragon (1)

I turn to look where the voice came from.

There in the middle of the room was a loin and a dragon, both clad in armor that exceeds others in quality. They stand there with a commanding presence, the noise that filled the house was now gone.

The panthera was equipped with two khopsehes;

one quite elegant, its handle made of gold, and an intricate design engraved onto its blade

one quite elegant, its handle made of gold, and an intricate design engraved onto its blade. Though it isn't used just as an ornament for its blade may even cut a feather falling onto it.

 Though it isn't used just as an ornament for its blade may even cut a feather falling onto it

While the other was more vile, a brutal contrast to its pair. It glows with a purple aura, warning others that this sword's strike is much more severe than any ordinary weapon.

On the other hand; the reptile has a longbow slung across his back;

its handle adorned with floral and other nature-like designs, though still well built

its handle adorned with floral and other nature-like designs, though still well built. The long thin string shines with a golden hue-

Wait. Metals can't be used as bow strings... Is it nymph's hair? I mused.

Nymph's hair does have magical properties, and being used on a bow is quite ingenius.

"We'd like to make a request!" The dragon then speaks, then he looks at me.

???: "And the human will be the one to accomplish it!"

Everyone was taken aback, myself included. Then all eyes seem to be pointed at me, some still in shock, and others in jealousy.

After a few seconds of silence the receptionst speaks up:

Lilah: "I apologize great princes, but why take the human? There are many more that are proven to be more capable of completing your task."

The lion answers:

???: "Just personal interest. To be simple; I'm curious of what use the human can give me."

Suddenly he was elbowed by the dragon.

"Don't go claiming the human already! I found out about him first!" Exclaimed the dragon, seemingly displeased by his companion's statement.

"Well it was my idea to make a request to him. And plus, you have enough servants to tend to your needs. I need him more than you do!" The lion retorts, his fur rising in anger.

They both turn to each other, gripping their weapons tightly. Those near them read the situation fled to join the others far from the two, hiding behind any object they can find but still taking a look at the fight that may start.

I leaned close to Lilah, who is also taking cover, and whispered:

Quinnii: "Are duels allowed to be held in this guild house?"

Lilah: "Well no, but seeing as they are the princes from the richest factions they can pretty much do anything."

I look back at the angry pair, they're still standing there probably waiting for the other to make a move.

I wouldn't want this place to be trashed and seeing as no one else is going to do anything I might as well stop them.

I walk up to the angry pair. They redirect their glares at me waiting for an answer. I bow towards them before saying:

"If it is to your desire, then I will accept. I do hope to please you great princes of Patheo and Saurou" I look up at them, both had calmed down and appear to be very pleased.

"You can adress me as Quinnii, Quinnii Chuu as for my full name."

The lion walks towards me and introduced himself.

"Greetings and welcome to our city Quinnii! Sar Eirronn, just call me Sar I'm not much for formalities despite being a prince."

It was the dragon's turn to present himself.

"Fahreal Draxuz, but Fahreal is fine. I welcone you as well, and I do hope that you'll chose me over this egotist."
He leers over to Sar before returning his gaze upon me with a smile.

"Said the greedy child." Sar responded looking at Fahreal with equal ammount of hate before grinning to me as well.

Quinnii: "It is quite the pleasure meeting you both. As for the request, how may I be of use?"

Sar: "Right, this may be new news to you but there is a church near Patheo's own city named Johanna Church. A few weeks ago it was abandoned due to a dark presence that harmed all who enter."

Fahreal: "Our goal is to gather knowledge of the creature and vanquish it. It won't be easy since not one has ever been able to touch it, not that it's nimble, it passes through anything."

Quinnii: "May the said creature be a spirit? There are many spells that can silence them quickly."

Fahreal: "It is, yet sadly the spells do not work somehow."

Sar: "Though there are records of what it looks like; to keep it short, a black dog."

I think for a second, remembering any creature I know of that resembles the description. It took me a while before saying:

Quinnii: "Then may the spirit be a Church Grim?"

The poeple around seems shocked and started speaking among themselves of my theory. Some in agreement others not.

Sar: "But how can it be a Church Grim? They're said to be guards of the churches and graveyards not a destructive monster."

Quinnii: "They won't leave the church and graveyard, that's why you can't banish them. Though for their weird behavior it may be that some person or group has done a sacrilegious act or they may be under some kind of influence"

Fahreal: "Didn't you just say spells can't work on them?"

Quinnii: "Yes, though other creatures can make an effect on the Church Grim."

Sar: "Hm... So, either they're mad or not in control of themselves? Well there's only one way to find out."

Sar then turns to leave, leaving me and Fahreal to follow suit.

The people in the guild house were left to wait in anticipation for the results of an adventure a simple human had gotten himself into with two princes.