8. rock poetry

May 2015

"What are you doing?" Harry asks as he appears behind Louis suddenly, making him jump and slam his songwriting journal close.

Harry only laughs at him and hands him his tea. Louis doesn't even know how he came in, probably Jay. Or he used his spare key he got for the house as Lottie moved out. (She laughed at him for still living there at the age of twenty-three since she is his younger sister and moved out sooner.)

"You've been doing this a lot, lately, this book thing." Harry remarks and sits down on Louis desk, next to the closed journal, eyeing it and sipping on his own tea.

Louis just decides to tell him. "I write songs." He says quietly and Harry's beautiful green eyes light up as a breathtaking smile spreads on his lips.

He lifts one of his legs up, putting his foot on Louis thigh. "Really? I thought you turned into a poet or something."

"You could call it rock poetry."

"You write rock songs?" Harry asks and raises his eyebrows.

"Not really. I try to but most of the time the songs turn into slow, happy stuff."

Harry hums and pushes a curl behind his ear. A thing he got used to doing since his hair is incredibly long now, reaching way over his shoulders.

Louis personally is really messed up by this hair because he can't get his brain to decide whether it's illegally pretty or burningly hot.

But that's just Harry Styles in general.

Harry moves to sit closer to Louis, almost in front of him now and moves his foot up Louis' leg. "Wrote songs about me?"

"Yes, a few."

Harry smiles only wider at that. "A few." He repeats. "I think I'm going to cry."

"Don't cry. I'll cry too and we'll look like complete idiots and it will be so fucking embarrassing."

Harry gets up from the desk and sits down on Louis' lap instead, wrapping his arms around his shoulders and tilting his head to the side, smiling down at him beautifully.
"Can you play them for me?"

No. He absolutely can't do that.

Not a single chance.

"Um." He starts. "Maybe some day, okay baby?"

Harry nods, still smiling and doesn't seem too bothered about it, doesn't ask for the reason.

They have gotten used to this, used to Louis calling Harry baby and acting all domestic and all that.

Harry told his parents that he has a girlfriend named Lisa, who lives around the block. Thank god his parents are always out for work and don't care enough about their son to try and actually meet her, since she doesn't exist. All the time Harry says he spends at Lisa's house, he is at Louis'.

They have grown closer and even closer since Harry's breakdown on the porch almost two years ago.

People start asking about when they will move out or what they want to do in life but they just want to do each other, really.

The topic of moving away one day is never discussed and neither is the rest of "what about in the future". They just live in the present and enjoy the freedom they have, Harry is only really rarely at his house, mostly stays with Louis for days in a row.