27. sinking

When Louis wakes up the next morning, the bed is empty except for him.

He frowns at the weird coldness due to the missing body next to him and sits up, the blanket that was tucked around him in a weird, unnatural way (like someone else did it when Louis was still sleeping to keep him warm- probably Harry), falls down his torso.

Louis stretches and frowns even more as he feels something unfamiliar on his forehead. It's a sticky note.

Louis chuckles at Harry's weirdness and detaches it from his face, turning it around to read what he has written into the angry yellow piece of paper.

Alessandro called and I needed to go talk to him about something in person, sorry baby. I'll be back in like two hours for breakfast x, H.

There's a little heart drawn next to the handwriting and Louis shakes his head as he smiles down at it fondly. Because of course Louis has no idea when Harry wrote this little note, so he has no idea what two hours mean. It could mean two hours, if Harry left only a few minutes ago, but he could be gone for some time already and come back every minute. It's so dumb but so freaking cute because Harry didn't only put a heart next to it, but also x and H, so typically Harry that it makes his heart bounce weirdly.

Louis chuckles to himself and decides to just wait and make some breakfast slowly. He gets into the kitchen, setting water to boil for his morning tea. Then he takes out his phone and texts Harry because he can't go twenty minutes without hearing from him.

Louisfuckingtomlinson: what the fuck does two hours mean

Louisfuckingtomlinson: I mean good morning baby is everything okay with Gucci?

Harry doesn't answer immediately, but Louis didn't expect that, he's at work after all. So he distracts himself, reading the other texts he has received since he last used his phone yesterday afternoon.

Hot Luke: Might need you in the studio later today mate, been looking through a bit of Saturdays stuff and I was thinking about like an echo in the bridge of Kill My Mind

Louis sets his phone down for a moment, staring at the wall and sipping on his tea, thoughts wandering about Luke's suggestion. Harry joined him a few times in studio to watch him record and when they came home, they joked about how hot Luke was, so it kind of started that they always call him Hot Luke, instead of just Luke or Manager Luke like they did before.

Louis really likes the energy it created because they can openly talk about hot guys in their relationship and neither of them has any bad feelings about it.

All in all, it still feels like the typical honeymoon phase everyone is always talking about. It feels like floating and everything is so happy and smiles and dimples and Louis never wants it to end.

He doesn't want to fall into a routine with Harry, he doesn't want it to feel normal. He wants to fly forever.

Louisfuckingtomlinson: sure mate, how about five?

Hot Luke: alright

Louis wants to lock his phone and set it back down to clean the kitchen a bit, as it beeps with Harry's response text.

Hazza: good morning sunshine, Gucci is doing just fine (all thanks to me of course) and I'll be free to head back in about forty mins, H

Louisfuckingtomlinson: amazayn

That's also a thing the started, while they were drunkenly texting on a party, couldn't find each other in the full house. Louis remembers it only blurry, how they screamed at each other through the phone because they both said "I'm in the bathroom", but didn't know there were two bathrooms in the house.