23. i want

"Make a little conversation"

Louis sits on the counter of his kitchen, legs dangling down and feet not quite reaching the floor, his favorite guitar over his thighs as he plays the strings, watching Harry cook his favorite dish. Chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with a side of homemade mash.

"So long, I've been waiting to let go of myself and feel alive"

Harry persuaded him into singing him another song he wrote about him and Louis thought the safest option would be the song home he wrote in spring 2015, because it's not too much commitment and it's definitely okay for the energy they have right now.

Louis is still a bit concerned, about the way Harry gets literally anything he wants with one of his charming smiles and a cute "please", green, puppy dog eyes. Louis is so soft for these eyes, can't deny them anything. So, of course he sings for him. He would climb the highest mountains of the world if Harry just nicely asked him to, looking at him like that with the endless green, reflecting wide fields in the summer and dark forests, holding so many secrets but so much peace all at once.

He sings without even thinking about the lyrics, they slip from his mouth like a prayer he knows by heart, because he does. As well as the chords he plays, he knows all of the song. Has played it so many times for himself to make it perfect because everything connected to Harry had to be perfect.

"I was stumbling, looking in the dark, with an empty heart" Louis watches Harry expression, he seems to like the song, with the way he taps his sock-clad foot in the floor to the beat.

"Could we ever be enough? Baby we could be enough"

Harry smiles down at the pan, his hands full of the weird water in the plastic mozzarella bags. He lifts his head, meeting Louis' gaze as soon as the chorus starts.

"And it's alright, calling out for somebody to hold tonight" Louis needs to adjust his stare, he would most certainly blush if Harry keeps looking into his eyes that way. "When you're lost I'll find a way and I'll be your light"

Harry's eyes crinkle now with how beautifully he's smiling, fulfilling every dream Louis ever had when he thought about singing this personal song for him, about him.

"You will never feel like you're alone" he sings, "I'll make this feel like home"

"Wow," Harry whispers, more to himself than anything, over the noise of oil and chicken in the pan.

"So hard that I couldn't take it, wanna wake up and see your face and remember how good it was being here last night"

Harry moves, lifting Louis' legs softly to open the drawer underneath him, causing Louis to chuckle and cross his legs on the countertop. He doesn't stop playing, though. He's a pro.

"Still high with a little feeling" Harry rummages though the drawer, pulling out some spices Louis most definitely doesn't know the name of. "I see the smile as it starts to creep in, it was there I saw it in your eyes"

Harry actually smiles, looking up at him and closing the drawer again as he apparently found what he was looking for. He presses a kiss to Louis' thigh over the material of his sweats, before straightening up again and moving back to his work.

Louis repeats the prechorus and the chorus, thoughts drifting off about how perfect everything is right now.

That Harry moved in with Louis is now almost two months in the past, since it is Harry's birthday today.

They celebrated at Taylor's flat, eating breakfast with Niall, Zayn and Liam, after which Harry insisted on playing golf with all of them. Niall had the time of his life while Zayn and Liam pretended to go looking for a ball (Louis found them making out against a tree later). Taylor didn't really participate in the game, mostly texting her boyfriend the whole time and Louis was busy respectfully staring at Harry's ass in those pants.