13. karma is a bad bitch

May 2015

"YOU DEMON!" Harry yells, eyes wide and hands in the air. Louis just came out of the water, wet to his bones and runs to fling himself onto Harry, who sits on his little blanket, crocheting another hat in shining yellow wool.

"Karma is a bad bitch." Louis shouts, running towards Harry and referring to Harry edging him this morning in their hotel.

Harry screeches and throws away his crocheting stuff, hurrying to get up clumsily. He runs away, Louis runs after him, the sand flying up from the backs of their feet.

"I'm sorry you maniac." Harry screams over his shoulder, out of breath because of running and laughing at the same time.

"Doesn't sound like it." Louis shouts back and catches up with Harry eventually, gripping his hips from behind and pulling him into his wet embrace.

Harry is warm, his skin hot from the sun that burns down on them. Harry is- was also dry, since he didn't want to go swimming right after breakfast.
Now though, his warm, sunbathing peace is destroyed and his t shirt is slowly soaking up the water off Louis' skin, while they both fall into the sand at the impact of Louis' body on Harry's back.

Louis is laughing and Harry is whining, but his lips are quirking upwards while he watches Louis, turning around in his arms to lay on his back.

"You just looked so pretty I had to hug you." Louis laughs into his shoulder, noticing Harry's neck become wet as well from his hair, ocean water dropping onto Harry's tanned skin.

"You can't compliment yourself out of this one. Now I'm bloody leaking."

Louis opens his mouth but Harry puts his pointer onto his lips, giving him the shut-up-and-don't-make-the-dirty-joke-look.

Harry doesn't struggle against Louis' body weight on him, though, just lays there with him, letting the warm sun slowly dry them on the empty beach.

It's the end of may and the normal vacation time for families hasn't begun yet so they're mostly alone everywhere, the beach, the hotel and the mall.

Harry had practically kidnapped Louis.

He had been whining about the need to finally do something in his life, something adventurous and exciting so Harry had packed two bags for them while Louis had been sleeping and woke him up gently to carry him into his car. Louis had only been half conscious the whole time while they drove to fucking south France in the night. He had woken up for good when Harry had parked in front of the most expensive hotel Louis had ever seen, and checked in without batting an eye.

That was three days ago and today they are on the beach right behind the hotel, enjoying the heat of the early summer.

"When I said I wanted to do something fun I meant like go to MacDonalds at four AM and not spend hundreds of pounds on a two week luxury vacay." Louis mumbles, still not quite believing Harry did this for him.

This is probably in the top three of things he loves about Harry.

That even though he never really said it out loud, Harry knows Louis doesn't want him to buy him expensive materialistic stuff. So he always spends money on things they come out of with memories. Like vacations, weekend trips or something like that.

Because all Louis wants is to spend time with Harry.

And if that time means pretending to be rich, upper-class assholes who drink champagne for breakfast and swim in a huge hotel pool whenever they want and have sex in a luxury suite the whole night, that is a very nice side-effect.