Mistakes

A/N: Anddddddd I still don't own Harry Potter.

Draco

After using our half hour rather productively, Harry told me about how he'd felt the sudden need to "fuck the living shit out of me" right after he'd consumed the Chocolate Moussies Hermione and Ron had gotten for him at Hogsmeade.

"You should give them to Hermione for checking," I said, and watched as his brilliant green eyes went huge.

"Holy fuck! I left the box with them - who knows what might've happened - I've got to go!" 

He wrenched his boxers and jeans up his waist, zipping his pants up. He threw his shirt and Hogwarts cloak over his head and hastily ran his fingers through his hair, only managing to mess the tangled locks even more.

He pressed a brief - but rough - kiss to my lips before heading towards the door.

"I'll see you soon, Draco," he called, and disappeared down the hallway.

I listened to his footsteps fade away before taking a huge breath. What had happened in that small bathroom hadn't gone the way I'd expected it to go. I hadn't expected Harry to be - well, occupied - and I certainly hadn't been prepared with an answer if he'd thought to ask me what I was doing on my own in a supposedly haunted bathroom.

I picked my discarded jeans off of the floor and dug around its back pocket for the vial. I stared at the silver-blue liquid swirling mysteriously inside, feeling a sinking feeling in my gut. Snape had warned me that the potion could bring about side-effects - things like uncontrollable mood swings, or possibly altering the way my body worked.

"It hasn't been made in so long, no one really knows how it'll work," Snape had said, glaring at me like I was the bane of his existence. "Just remember to report straight back to me if anything should happen."

"Yes, sir." I'd turned to leave the classroom, but Lupin called from where he was sitting, a bandage wrapped around his left forearm.

"Draco?"

I'd stopped, turning around to face the werewolf.

"Does Harry know you're doing this?"

Silence.

My face must've given it away - Snape went up to me and wrenched the front of my sweater, almost spitting in pure fury.

"What are you playing at, boy?"

"Let go of me," I'd whispered, my voice trembling with barely-suppressed rage.

Snape didn't heed my words.

"Malfoy, didn't I warn you about the danger you might face? About how you might not make it out alive? That potion is highly unstable - it acts as an antidote and poison! It could very well kill you - weren't you listening to me?"

"I was!"

"Then why doesn't Potter know about this? Why haven't you told him?"

I don't want him to worry. I don't want him to think I'm some sort of monster in need of taming.

I want to be able to love him without hurting him.

"I just told him about my condition. I'm afraid that it's a lot for him to digest alone."

Snape let go of me, snarling. "You're a fool, boy. I never believed anyone when they say this of you, but here you are, proving them right."

I'd flared up at that. "So what if I'm a fool? Is that so bad? Is it so wrong for me to want Harry to be able to have a proper, normal relationship with a - with a normal human being?"