Temptation

A/N: I still do not own Harry Potter. 

Harry

Charms was uneventful. The whole day had been filled with surprise after surprise, but Charms was just – boring. Hermione took one look at my miserable face and broke out into a huge grin, which irritated yet amused me. After an hour of the same – if not slightly creepy – smile, I got tired.

“What, Hermione?”

“You’re in love,” she said smugly, making Ron crash the teacup they were supposed to be levitating.

I felt my face turn hot. “I am not in love, Hermione!”

“You are,” she insisted. “I can see it in your eyes – you’ve had a crush on Draco for six years, Harry, I don’t think something like that can even be called a crush anymore.”

“More like freakish obsession,” Ron agreed, receiving a sharp jab to the ribs by Hermione’s elbow and a death glare from me.

“Haven’t you told him yet?” Hermione asked.

I shook my head, and she sighed.

“Harry, you shouldn’t keep things from your boyfriend. It isn’t good for the relationship.”

This time, I crashed my teacup.

“B-boyfriend? Hermione, I found out this morning that Draco was gay! Don’t you think he’ll feel like he’s being rushed into something he doesn’t want?”

Hermione rolled her eyes, fixing the broken teacups with a wave of her wand. “If you’ve snogged him more than once, Harry, then I think he’s ready to take the next step.”

Ron, who had been sniggering behind Hermione’s back at the look on my face, stopped and looked embarrassed.

“Snogged? Harry, you – have you?”

I looked down at my shoes, wondering why every single awkward conversation that had happened today was scheduled during a class. I couldn’t help but feel like there was another cosmic force that was pretty much trying to fill every second of my life with awkward situations.

“You have, haven’t you?”

As usual, Hermione took my silence for an affirmation. I sighed – even when I kept my mouth shut, it still landed me in trouble.

There’s no going back now, Harry. Might as well break all the rules, especially since I’m going to hell anyway.

“Well, yeah, maybe we have snogged once or twice…”

Hermione crossed her arms and stared at me, Ron peering over her shoulder.

“Three, maybe…”

Hermione arched an eyebrow, and Ron sniggered again.

“Fine, fine! We’ve snogged four times, but honestly that’s beside the point –”

Four?” Ron repeated, eyes wide with envy and awe. “In the space of two hours? Is that what you two’re always doing whenever you disappear somewhere with him?”

Again, I flushed, frowning angrily at my shoelaces.

“Blimey,” Ron said, awestruck.

“You love him,” Hermione reaffirmed, smug.

I noticed that my shoelaces were an ugly green, which didn’t fit the dark blue canvas at all.

“Say it, Harry, it’s not that hard!” Ron teased.