Together (Part I)

A/N: The picture's a chunk of snowflake obsidian. My favorite gemstone next to black onyx and obsidian, in fact.

Harry

I expected Draco to turn up earlier than I'd told him to, so when he knocked on the door, I hardly batted an eyelash - everything had been set up two hours prior to the "surprise".

Draco opened the door, looking for all the world as if someone had told him that he wasn't going to get any cookies on Christmas. He hardly noticed me when he stepped into the room; the moment he did, though, his eyes - which were downcast and hesitant - lit up like fireworks on the Fourth of July when he saw the glittery baubles and strings of boas.

"What is this?" he asked, in something akin to awe.

I grinned at him. "It's your surprise."

He looked confused, but didn't say a word when I tugged at his wrist. 

"Surprise?" Draco echoed, still confused. I led him to one of the armchairs next to the fireplace and nudged him gently into it. 

He sat, staring up at me. Grinning, I pulled out my wand and waved it in the air once - and Christmas music started to fill the room. Boughs of mistletoe draped gracefully from the ceiling, and the fire roared to life in the fireplace, illuminating Draco's pale face.

"Is that - mistletoe?" He asked in awe, standing up and touching the red and white plant hanging above him. A smile lit up his entire face, and for a moment, I lost my breath. 

He was beautiful, he was perfect, and he was mine.

A sudden ferocity and possessiveness and pride overwhelmed me, and I felt my lips lift into an answering smile. From the back pocket of the jeans I was wearing, I pulled out a single red, silk bandanna.

"Draco, do you trust me?"

He turned his gaze away from the mistletoe to me, silver eyes flashing in the light of the fire.

"Yes," he said simply.

I nodded, walking over to him. I touched his face, marveling at how smooth his skin was, like the silk in my other hand. I traced the shape of his lips; leaning in, I pressed mine to his - a short, brief kiss, one that lasted for half a second - before pulling away.

"Close your eyes," I said, and he obeyed.

I wrapped the silk bandanna around his eyes, making sure that it was bound tight enough for him to not be able to see anything, yet loose enough so he wouldn't be uncomfortable. Slowly, I guided him back into the armchair.

His face was a mere few inches away from mine, and I could barely stop myself from kissing him again. Instead, I waved my wand again, and the present I'd so painstakingly gotten for Draco appeared in my hands. It was in a flat, square-shaped box made out of thin leather, and I hadn't gone through the trouble of having it wrapped - I knew that Draco would've torn into the wrapping and destroyed it, anyway.