Felix Felicis

A/N: I do not own any type of material from Harry Potter. All rights go to J.K. Rowling and her marvelous characters. P.S, I won't be following the events in the book, so I'm really sorry if either of you wanted anything to do with Voldemort. Bear with me. <3

Draco

We made our way towards the classroom - ever since Snape was made the new DADA teacher, our Potions lessons were never held in the dungeons again, much to my joy. Although the Slytherin dorm rooms were in the dungeons, I didn't quite like my classrooms all being as cold as hell freezing over.

I didn't hold Harry's hand, but we walked close to each other, and our hands would constantly brush against the other's, sending tiny jolts of electricity up my arm. Harry's bag was still slung over my shoulder, but I hardly felt the weight.

What mattered the most to me was Harry, walking next to me, sending electricity tingling through my fingers.

All that mattered was the promise our lips had made in the library, the unspoken yet undeniable bond we'd managed to forge in a matter of minutes.

Just as we neared the classroom, a girl's voice rang throughout the - mercifully - empty corridor.

"Harry! Where have you been, Ron and I checked the library but you weren't -"

The voice trailed off.

Harry shot me an apologetic look before turning around to face his best friend.

* * *

Harry

I was having such a fun time with Draco before Hermione appeared. I mean, I had to admit the walk back had been quiet, but I had been fine with that - Draco had left me a mountain of things to think about. What I didn't quite favor was the way Hermione was looking at me - smug and concerned and happy all at once.

Upon seeing her, Draco gave me a small smile as if wishing me luck. What truly surprised me was the lack of insults. Usually Draco had a handful of things to toss at Hermione whenever he saw her, Mudblood being a personal favorite.

It warmed my heart to know that Draco really was intent on being friends.

Or, well, more than friends. I smiled a little at the thought.

"Er...hello, Malfoy," Hermione said, flicking her eyes to me as a question.

I stared at her, trying to convey through my gaze that he was alright.

"Please, call me Draco," he said, smiling a little uncertainly.

"Er...right. Draco. Could I borrow Harry for a moment?"

Draco flashed a mischievous smile. "Of course, but don't take too long. I want him back."

Hermione flushed. "Right. Come on, Harry."

She grabbed my arm and pulled me a little further away from where Draco was standing. Bending her head so that she could whisper directly into my ear, she hissed, "What's going on, Harry? Draco?"

As always, she had caught on pretty quickly.

"I'll tell you about it during lunch," I promised. "Anyway, where's Ron?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "He's in the classroom already, copying my homework for Professor Slughorn. Oh, that reminds me...I shouldn't keep your - I mean, Draco - waiting for you."

I smirked. "Thanks, Hermione."

She hugged me briefly, turned to wave - a little hesitantly - at Draco, who returned her wave, and hurried into the classroom, possibly to reprimand Ron for copying her work.