Chapter 1: Eternal View

The cold mountain breeze felt familiar to Aether, who was standing still near the rocky cliff, completely focused on the sight of the woman who gazed over the whole of Inazuma like a watchful guardian. The whole world felt completely still if it weren't for the rushing winds that assaulted the blonde traveler.

He was accustomed to the chilling breeze of a mountain but could never get used to how the icy winds of the mountaintop almost froze his bare skin that was uncovered. It made him swear to himself to bring a scarf the next time he goes up a mountain.

Luckily, the mountain he was on's low temperature paled in comparison to Dragonspine, and had a wide array of eyecatching scenes to experience at the peak unlike the mist-covered view from Dragonspine's summit.

A rising sun, and a new dawn that brought with it peace warmed Aether's body. And the indigo haired woman, who had arrived alongside him, made a low smile as she admired the beautiful view of the forestry below the mountain being lit up.

Four pitch-black wings similar to that of a fallen angel occasionally fluttered, its numerous feathers slightly swept by the wind. A red beaked mask hung by the side of her head, it remained unworn, adding on to the mystery that was the watchful female.

It gave a unique sense of mystique to anyone watching. The combination of an elegantly winged woman complemented by a ephemeral dream-like scenery....

It was regal, to say the least, bringing ardor to Aether deep inside.

Aether was still feeling chilly but nonetheless remained enamored by the tall figure of the woman. His attention solely on her rather than the sight which she was looking at.

The Sakura Blossom trees nearby at the mountain bloomed wonderfully at the perfect moment too, its pink petals scattering off to the winds. Adorning the vision of wonder in cherry blossoms, it brought a romantic tension though the two were uninterested in that.

He stood just beside her, and there was a long standing silence until the woman spoke,

"I must thank you for accompanying me this time." She said, now turning her head away from the view to Aether who remained quiet the entire time. Her face which had the daylight shine on her, further accentuated her already mature and dignified appearance, stunning the Traveler in place.

"Truth be told, I didn't have any idea on how to repay you for exposing the... misdeeds of the Tenryou Commission and stopping the Vision Hunt Decree. I'm not familiar with how people regularly spend their time when free of duty, but... If this sight at the very least moved you, I feel as if that'd be enough to bring relief to my worries."

She tilted her body to face Aether completely. Her once stern yellow eyes were gentle when gazing at the blonde traveler, waiting for his reaction with avidity though she herself wasn't aware.

"..." The golden eyed traveler stared wordlessly before snapping himself out of his absorbed state, making out some words with a smile in reply, "Yeah, you're right, Sara. This view is..."

Aether observed the rows of trees illuminated by the rising sun, a long stretching rushing river that flowed seemingly not knowing any end. Numerous birds took flight to the skies, leaving their nests which resided in the trees. The flock of birds chirped as they flapped their wings.

The sight of the lively environment was captured perfectly in detail to Aether who watched from afar, atop the mountain peak. The only word he could think of to describe the view was...