Chapter 3: Morals

The Nobushi belatedly realized they were horribly outclassed. No, not outclassed, they were not even comparable. Their strongest warrior, Kage completely broke without attacking once.

He fainted while standing after seeing the attack Sara unleashed. Stuck in a perpetual stance, grasping at what should have been his weapon despite there being nothing.

This made Sara let out a disappointed sigh, feeling slightly sorrowful that the Kairagi's skills had not improved but instead regressed.

Everything the Ronins have done up till now was rendered null by the sight of the General's first attack. Thus they simply stood still without moving.

If they ran away, they'd be shot without mercy. If they fought back, they'd be decapitated without mercy. The only hope they still had was to wait and see if Sara would spare them.

Aether, who had taken down the four ronins long ago was impressed when he saw what occured. He fought the Raiden Shogun himself and could draw parallels between the technique Sara used and the Musou no Hitotachi.

Though they were not exactly comparable, it still was a worthy feat.

"...I never knew you wielded a blade." Aether bluntly said out of amazement.

"The bow is my preferred weapon for larger scale conflict. If I had used my sword to fight against the rebels at the time, I'd be too ashamed to ever wield it again. Never should a blade be aimed against the people it's supposed to protect... even if they are opposing the Shogunate." Sara explained she didn't wish to create more casualties necessary when she was upholding the Vision Hunt Decree.

Her dignified figure stood tall as she said so; the heated breeze of the wind fluttered her long white sleeves, brushing Sara's dark hair. Her eyes were warm and resolute exhibiting genuine sincerity. Aether had nothing but the highest regards for Sara.

It was ironic considering the two were once opposed against each other but that was exactly the reason why Aether respected her.

She still considered the rebels as people of Inazuma. They only fought for what they believed was right and Sara accepted that fact understanding she herself had no right to deny it.

Sara held a distinct set of rules and morals which were laid out for herself. A code of honor befitting a general.

"Monsters, deities, vagrants on the other hand require no mercy. I'd honor a duel with them at the very least had they a justifiable belief to fight for. Foes such as these on the other hand..." She glared at the remaining two ronins who were silent after watching their leader fall. Her eyes were like daggers piercing at the two's necks, making the atmosphere suffocating to them.

"...Their goals are fleeting, simply crumbling apart the moment their life is endangered. Though they require no mercy, I've no need to stain my sword with their blood. This time I had only drawn it due to the invitation of a duel and yet..." The vagrants flinched at her words and couldn't even hold the energy to bring their head up.

"Hmph. The job of execution suits others far more rather than me." Sara snorted as she saw the bandits' pale faces, sheathing her blade.

"Then let's tie them up." Aether proposed with a smile, holding a bundle of rope he grabbed from his bag. He pointed to the unconscious group of ronins he had fought which were huddled up together bound by rope.

Sara's eyes twinkled in surprise,
"...You're quite well prepared."

"I fight bandits rather often."

"I see... Good work then, Aether." Sara's acknowledgement to Aether made his heart skip a beat for some unknown reason.

Aether, who was tying the remaining two bandits after knocking them out with his fist, desperately tried to calm his galloping heart. He stood up, unable to hide his face from Sara.

"Hm? Why are you getting all red?" Sara tilted her head in confusion to Aether's flustered expression. Aether hurriedly dismissed her curiosity but unfortunately Sara came to a realization of her own.

"Ah. We have been out in the open for a while, let's head back to the city." Aether calmed down in response, thanking the fact that she interpreted it that way.

Sara then stared at the stolen goods, pondering what to do. They'd be vulnerable if they had to carry seven unconscious vagrants whilst escorting stolen cargo back to the city. Thus Sara quickly came to a decision,

"I'll bring the cargo back and order some men to pick up the tied-up Ronins. I do not want to give more work to you after all."

"I'm still up for more, this is nothing!"

"Apologies..." Sara had her head down as she solemnly apologized, "I seem to have underestimated adventurers' line of work."

Sara rose her head which showed blazing eyes full of motivation, momentarily surprising Aether,
"Very well. If you say you can do more, then perform this task with all your heart put into it!" She yelled out with enthusiasm, letting loose her general-like comments.

"Yes ma'am!" Aether replied joyfully. The two rushed to Inazuma city, escorting the cargo back to Inazuma so that it could be returned to its rightful owners.

--------