Chapter 2: Nobushi Subjugation

"...Aether," Sara sheepishly called out to the braided traveler, hiding her vibrant eyes behind her bangs as she looked down. The landscape's once magical sight died out when the sun had fully risen, turning into a normal view. Albeit losing its splendor, the regular scenery still had a certain charm by itself.

"Are you... free later on?"

Seeing the charismatic general who led army charges act so meekly to ask for something prompted Aether to reply immediately. Though Aether at the very least relished the sight of Sara's shy side as he began to respond.

"No commissions left to do and no rampaging beasts around the land to quell. I'm free but... what about you? I'd worry about your schedule instead." He worded out his worries to Sara.

"Ah. Not to worry, I've already cleared my quota of work for today last night in preparation. It seems that we're both free... that's good then." Her dialogue was stiff, but Aether could sense she had no ill intent, making a soft smile as he gazed at her.

"Then... since you're free, come with me to the city. We'll clean up some bandits in the process, Inazuma may be in a state of peace right now, but those vagrants won't simply stay still." Sara said casually, no longer acting sheepish. Her confident demeanor returned after she let out her request and confirmed that Aether wasn't busy.

It was actually an invitation by Sara to have Aether help out with her to find a personal purpose within the city. However, Aether instead interpreted this as a pressing request made by Sara to clean up the rogue samurais.
"Got it, then let's go quickly," Aether said to Sara, drawing his blade to prepare himself for the incoming battles.

Sara stared questioningly at Aether, wondering if he was really looking forward to it that much. She was surprised to see someone hold that much interest in her personal life to the point they wanted to depart immediately. To respond to Aether's will, Sara spread out her jet-black tengu wings. Crackling lightning surrounded her, indicating that she was going to fly at full speed.

"Then now, we depart!" She took off to the skies in an instant, throwing a glance back at the Aether who prepared his wing-glider. He gathered momentum running off to the edge of the cliff, launching himself into the air. Aether spread out his arms as he swiftly glided, carried by the winds, which allowed him to follow after her without struggle.

The two who were in the air flew downwards from Mount Yougou, aiming straight for Inazuma City. Sara spotted an active bandit camp midway, diving down to the ground with her bow drawn. She hid herself behind a large rock near the camp and observed the group of bandits.

Aether retracted his glider, plunging himself down. As his feet reached the ground, he sneaked over to Sara. He was in a hunched position to avoid being spotted, hiding beside her and joined Sara in surveying the ronin.

Kairagi and Ronin Samurais gathered together, each preoccupied with their own activities, however it was evident that they had just finished plundering someone. Sara deduced that the vagrants acted as one group from the fact that they shared refuge under the same hastily built green tents.

The two continued their observation, having their eyes prowl as they watched the camp in detail.

Several large barrels were stacked ontop of each other alongside a wagon which carried a variety of items. Olden antiques and food rations were haphazardly placed together within the wagon. The purple clothed hatted ronins drank sake, laughing together without a single sense of awareness as their blades were placed on the ground.

"To think it was that easy to rob Kanjou Commission merchants now!"

"With Swordmaster Kage here, even their guards stood no match against us!" The ronins boisterously discussed their latest plundering, boasting about the red armored Kairagi beside them. The plated warrior nodded to the words spoken about him, sitting in a relaxed manner.