blanket hogger

————————————————————————————

cold. that's the first thing that registered in Hayes' sleep filled mind.  patting his hand to find the blanket, he lifted his head in confusion when he couldn't find them. it was only when he looked next to him did he understand and smile. meredith seemed to have cocooned herself in all of the blankets. cormac gently tugged at one of the blankets and frowned slightly when it didn't budge so he tugged again with a little more force and the outcome of that was meredith wrapping the blankets around her more tightly.

"mer, meredith baby." he loudly whispered, shaking her gently.
"mmm... what cor?" she asked, tiredly moaning.
"you've stolen the blankets and i'm cold." he told her, gently tugging the blankets again.
"i'm cold too. get your own." she moaned and turned to go back to sleep. he smiled slightly then shifted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her.
"what are you doing?" she asked.
"i'm cold, your warm. seen as you won't let me have any blankets, i'll use you instead." he explained and kissed her neck. she chuckled lightly and turned in his arms, opening up the blankets to let him in.
"we can't have you freezing to death can we." meredith whispered.
"thank you baby."  he kissed her lips gently.
"shhh, sleep time." she mumble, kissing him back. cormac tightened his arms around her and she tucked her head under his chin and they both drifted off into a warm sleep.

the sun woke him up the next morning, warming his body. with a tired groan Cormac open his eyes. looking down slightly he could see meredith was still tucked under his chin, arms and blankets wrapped around him. with a gentle smile he began placing kisses across her cheek and head.
"mmm... morning." she said, sleepily.
"morning baby." he replied kissing her lips when she tilted her head up.
"you still cold?" she asked.
"no, i'm all good now." he smiled down at her.
"good, because i like having you around and if you froze it would really mess that up." she told him, burying her head in the crook of his neck.
"i like having you around too, mer." he replied back, kissing her forehead and hugging her tighter.
"we should probably get up soon, those hungry little tigers will be demanding breakfast soon." cormac whispered in her ear.
"5 more minutes." she mumbled, placing a kiss on his neck. those 5 minutes quickly turned into 20 and they were joined by 3 little bodies all cuddling together.