possessive

this is my longest story yet, please let me know what you thought & if you have any prompts let me know in the comments

————————————————————————————

Medical conferences were a blessing and a curse for doctors. The blessing was time away from the hospital, a mini vacation but the curse was having to spend about 3 days with over 100 egotistical surgeons.

The New York medical conference was a 3 day conference that Meredith and Cormac had been sent to by Bailey to represent Grey Sloan.
" Ooh, fancy." Cormac whistled as he and Meredith walked into their hotel that the conference had booked for them. They headed to the front desk and got their room keys.
" Look at that, we're next to each other." Meredith smiled when they got into the elevator.
" Are you going to actually use that room or will you be taking over mine?" Hayes asked with a smirk.
" What do you think?" She laughed as they arrived at their floor. Hayes unlocked to door and they both took a look around.
" Well the bed's comfy. He smiled as he sat on the bed. Meredith smiled back at him and walked to stand between his legs, her hands resting on his shoulders and his running up and down the backs of her thighs.
" I'm glad I'm here with you." Meredith told him softly.
" Me too, baby. Would be a little better if we didn't have conferences to go so we could just be us in this amazing city." He told her, squeezing her thighs gently.
" Well, all the conference finish early afternoons so we can do whatever we want after they've finished. This is the city that never sleeps after all." She suggested, a suggestive smirk adorning her face.
" That sounds so good. I do have an idea of what we could do for the rest of the evening." Hayes told her, tugging her gently to sit on his lap.
" What do you have in mind?" Meredith asked, one hand staying wrapped around his neck and the other stroking his arm.
" We order room service, eat then get in bed and cuddle." Hayes told her then pulled her in for a kiss.

They pulled away and stood. Hayes went and rang room service whilst Meredith got in her pyjamas.
" Food as been ordered." He said as he turned to face her, " that is mine." He pointed to the top she was wearing.
" It's comfier than mine." She shrugged as she sat in the middle of then bed.
" If your wearing that then what am I supposed to wear?" He raised his eyebrow as he slowly crawled onto the bed and up towards her.
" I wouldn't be opposed to you not wearing anything." She smirked as he made his way up to her. She bent her legs and parted them so he could fit in between  and cupped his face to pull him in for a kiss. One of his hands found the back of her thigh whilst he used to other to steady himself on the bed. Just as things were about to get heated, a knock on the door broke the moment. Hayes sighed, gave her a kiss on the neck then headed to the door to retrieve their food. As they ate they talked about the conferences that were being held and which ones they were more interested in attending and also talked about what they wanted to do with their free time. When they finished, Meredith placed their tray outside their room so Cormac could get ready for bed. They both got into bed, he turned the lamp off and swung his arm over her waist and pulled her back into his chest.
" Goodnight baby." He placed a kiss on her neck.
" Goodnight." She laced her fingers with his over her stomach and the both drifted off.

Hayes woke up first, a smile on his face when he looked at his sleeping girlfriend. He then began to place delicate kisses along her neck and shoulder, slowing waking her up.
" I could get used to waking up like this." Meredith moaned happily.
" Me too." He smiled down at her when she opened her eyes. They both got up to get ready for the day. Meredith had just stepped into her shoes when she felt his hands take a hold of her hips.
" You just had to wear a skirt didn't you?" His voice husky and quiet in her ear.
" You did say you liked me in a skirt." she smirked as she turned her head to steal a kiss. Hayes laughed lightly and gave a gentle swat to her ass.
" Cheeky. I like it." He gave her another kiss and the both headed out the door. When they got to the ballroom where the first conference was being held they saw quite a number of doctors already in there. As they walked in to find a seat Hayes began to notice a lot of the others staring at them, more specifically at Meredith.
" What's everyone staring at?" she whispered to him as they sat down.
" You.  In that skirt." He answered forcefully. Meredith noticed the forceful tone in his voice as laced her fingered with his.
" Hey. It's okay, they can stare as much as they want but I'm yours. You know that, I know that and the rest of the here will be able to see that." She told him softly, giving his hand a squeeze. He was about to answer her when the conference began to start and everyone took their seats. During the conference Cormac noticed some of the male doctors would continuously turn to check Meredith out which made him build up with jealousy  and possessiveness; couldn't they see her hand holding his? About halfway through he let go of her hand so he could place it on her thigh.
" are you okay?" she whispered.
" yep, just getting a point across." He whispered back, his hand sliding further up her leg. She smiled and shook her head gently. Meredith knew he was possessive, not in a overbearing way but he liked people to know that she was his and truth be told she loved it. He made it very much known back at Grey Sloan who her boyfriend was and it made her feel amazing. This was something she never experience, Derek wasn't really possessive and DeLuca wasn't at all so when Hayes told her he could get possessive she wasn't sure what he meant but when she finally saw what he meant and how possessive he really could be she loved it and she didn't mind him leaving his mark, both physically and metaphorically. Since getting together, the possessive side of Meredith made its appearance on more than one occasion which has lead to her also leaving her mark both physically and metaphorically. He was hers and she was his.

When the conference was over, the headed to the hallway outside the ballroom to go and mingle with the other doctors. As they made their way through the sea of people, they didn't leave each other's side. They spoke with doctors from both of their fields and when one of them was talking the other would stand next to them, their complete attention on the other. When Hayes was talking to other paediatric doctors Meredith would either be holding his hand or when she noticed some of the female doctors checking Cormac out she would wrap her arm around his waist and curl into him, to show he was not available and when Meredith was talking to other general surgeons Cormac would either wrap an arm around her waist or when he noticed some of the other doctors checking her out he would stand behind her and either hold her hips or on hand would be placed firmly on her ass and the other would be placed on her stomach as her wrapped around him. The conference day was drawing to a close and as they were about to head up to their room one of the event organisers stopped and informed them that there was an open bar mixer for those attending the conference so they could mingle in a more personal environment. They thanked the woman who told them then headed up to their room.
" I don't want to go." Hayes said as they entered their room.
" What? Why?" she asked, taking off her heels.
" Because every guy is gonna be staring at you and I don't like that image, I didn't like it during the conference and they were sober." He explained taking off his suit jacket and undoing a couple of buttons on his shirt.
" You think I liked watching those women checking you out?" she backfired, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck, his instinctively wrapping around her waist, " we could go for a couple of hours then go out after that. Just to show our faces." she suggested placing small kisses on his jaw as she spoke.
" okay, a couple of hours. But I swear to God, if someone so much as flirts with you..." he started until Meredith silence him with a quick kiss.
" If someone tries to flirt with me you have my full permission to do whatever you want to show that I am yours." She told him, " well you can do everything but sex. As much as that would send a clear message to everyone I doubt either of us wants everyone to see us both naked." she chuckled. He laughed and nodded his head in response.
" Okay baby." He kissed her forehead then turned to his bag to get undressed. They decided to have some food before heading to the mixer so they got changed then headed to a restaurant across the road. They ordered and made small talk, her hands playing with one of his as they were waiting for their food.
" Not just me that's getting checked out." Meredith commented as her eyes flicked round the restaurant and noticed many of the women staring at Cormac.
" Now who's getting possessive." Cormac teased, pulling her hand up to his mouth and placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles. Their meals came and they ate in comfortable silence, it was nice, they both thought, to be somewhere just the two of them and be a proper couple with no nosey sisters/sister-in-law, being able to see each other properly instead of only seeing each other for quick kiss and hello every 36 hours because of how hectic they've been recently and also being able to wake up to each other without 5 kids bounding their way into the bedroom at 7 in the morning.

When they had finished their meals and paid they left to go back to the hotel to go to the mixer.
" It'll be fun." she told him, interlocking their fingers.
" I thought I was the optimistic one?" He laughed as they entered the hotel. They headed to the bar to order their drinks and as they were waiting for their drinks they began to notice the glances and the stares directed their way.
" You'd think my hand on your ass would be enough of a hint that were together." Cormac whispered in her ear, squeezing her ass and kissing her neck quickly.
" Clearly they need something bigger than a hint." Meredith winked at him and as she passed him his drink. He was about to make a suggestion when they were approached by 3 general surgeons from Boston General. As Meredith and these 3 were talking Hayes excused himself to the bathroom, as he was about to go in he heard a couple of the conference speakers talking about Meredith.
" Did you see her this morning? In that skirt? No idea what she's doing with that Irish guy." One spoke as he was fixing his tie.
" No idea. Why don't you go over and take a shot? " The other suggested. Hayes didn't stick around any longer as he knew what was gonna happen. Instead, he walked back over to where Meredith was collecting a new drink ad pulled her to him.
" Hey, what's going-" She started but was cut off by him kissing her. She could tell this was him showing the room that she was his so she very quickly responded in kind. Her free arm wrapped around his neck, one of his hands was on her lower back pulling her in and the other cupped her cheek. They both knew everyone was staring but they didn't care.
" I love you." He told her as they pulled apart.
"I love you too." She smiled up at him then pulled him in for a hug, " I think that got the message across."