mornings + kids

————————————————————————————

they had been together for 4 months when Meredith noticed how domestic they had become. it wasn't much of a surprise considering they had spent everyday together since they became a couple. to some that might be overbearing, to others spending that much time with a partner would mean arguments but for Meredith and Hayes it brought comfort. they work easily and seamlessly together both at work and at home. they quickly got into a routine with their kids and Meredith was forever thankful that her kids loved Hayes, Liam and Austin just like Hayes was thankful his boys loved Meredith, Zola, Bailey and Ellis.

Meredith's kids loved it when Hayes and his boys stayed at their house for the night which is what they did the night before and is why Meredith was stood in the kitchen making chocolate chip pancakes for 5 very hungry kids.

"good morning." a thick irish accent mumbled from behind her which accompanied two sting arms wrapping around her waist.

"morning, there's fresh coffee in the pot." she turned and placed a delicate kiss on Cormac's cheek.

"you're too good to me." he gave her a gentle squeeze and a kiss on the head and went to make a cup of coffee.

"kids! breakfast!" she shouted and then a small stampede of children came running into the kitchen. "okay, okay. sit down nicely and we'll get your food." Hayes spoke as he lifted Ellis onto a kitchen chair. the adults dished the food out and it was in that moment that the domesticity of their family got her. she looked up after giving Zola her plate and saw Hayes kneeling next to Ellis, cutting her pancakes into triangles which she likes, and that is when it hit her. with a smile she stood up and went to get her coffee.

"what's the smile about?" Hayes wondered as he stole some of her coffee.

"i'm just thinking about how lucky i am having you in our lives." she told him.

"i'm forever thankful for you for entering our lives too." he smiled and kissed her lovingly.