jealousy

————————————————————————————

Meredith and Cormac have been dating for around 3 months, secretly. They both agreed to keep them a secret until they were 100% positive that what they had was serious. They still managed small, subtle moments at the hospital though. Whether that was lingering touches when passing case files, his hand resting on her thigh when they have department head meetings or having a cuddle on one of their couches in one of their offices when they share a drink at the end of a shift.

Meredith had just gotten out of a 4 hour surgery, the patient made it through with no complications and all she wanted was to see her boyfriend to have a celebratory coffee: this had become one of their post surgery rituals. As Meredith was about to leave the OR floor she heard the very familiar laugh of her boyfriend. When she turned around she saw Cormac smile and lightly laugh and she saw a hand on his arm, a hand that belonged to Dr Lucy Melvin, one of the general attending from Meredith's intern year group. Meredith would never say she was a jealous person, she never was when she was with Derek and she wasn't when she was with DeLuca but for some reason seeing Melvin's hand on Cormac's arm seemed to have her humming with jealousy. It's not that she didn't trust him because she did and she knows other women have noticed him, he is very handsome and kind and funny but he was hers just like she was his.

She  wasn't sure what came over her, there was no thought or deliberation, one minute she was stood at the OR floor entrance/exit doors and the next she's holding onto the front of his scrub top and pulling him into a hard and passionate kiss. Cormac was still for a moment, shocked by the sudden action, but it only took his brain half a second to recognise whose lips were on his and when it did he was eager to respond.  Every time they've kissed it's like time stops and it's just the two of them and this kiss was no different. The people and the noise drifted away and it was just them in that passionate moment.

" Wow. That was wow." Hayes mumbled when they pulled away, his hands gently gripping her hips.

"Yeah it was." Meredith smiled at him but then her smile dropped and her eyes widened. Staying in Hayes' arms she turned her head and saw all the doctors and nurses that were on the OR floor staring at her and Cormac and amongst those staring with Bailey, Richard and Dr Melvin. with a deep breath, Meredith turned unlocked Melvin in the eyes.

"As you can see, Dr Hayes is very much taken so I would suggest you find another doctor to flirt with." Meredith said with a sweet smile. Will the nearest nod of her head, Dr Melvin scampered off of the OR floor.

"She was flirting with me?" Hayes asked, slightly confused.

" God, sometimes you are oblivious." Meredith chuckled.

"Wait so you were jealous?" Hayes smirked.

"I was not." Meredith scoffed.

"Yes you were. You saw her talking to me, got jealous and came over to kiss me." He laughed gently.

"Okay, yes i did get jealous. I didn't like the idea of her hitting on you especially doing it right in front of me." Meredith explained, fingering his scrub top.

"It's not like she knew we were dating." Cormac laughed, rubbing her sides.

" well I'm pretty sure the whole hospital will know by the end of the day." She told him, nodding her head to the audience stay still hard. He lifted his head and took a quick scan of the people spectating and with a small nod to Bailey and Richard he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the OR doors and lead her to his office where they could have a moment in private.

"It's about time." Bailey laughed as she watched them leave the floor.

"I'm happy something good like him in her life." Richard told her.

"Lord knows she deserves it." Bailey agreed and headed to the OR 3 scrub room.