first kiss

innocent teasing. that was what they did, in the OR, the attendings lounge, anytime they were together they would innocently tease each other. until it was no longer innocent.

Meredith and Hayes were scrubbing out of a kidney transplantt on their 17 year old patient.
"well, atleast he'll be able to give his girlfriend that kiss now." Meredith commented.
"first kisses are always memorable."Hayes answered.
"have you had your?" she asked, drying her hands.
"i was married, Grey." he lauhed, drying his hands too.
"i meant since Abi died." she elaborated throwing her hand towel at him which he easily caught.
"no not yet. why? youu offering?" he raised hs eyebrows.
"what?no.. i.. that's not.." she stuttered.
"relax Grey," he held her arms, "but i wouldnt want anyone else otherr thn you too be my first." he whispered in her ear.
"and if i offered riht now? if i asked you to kiss me?" she whispered, her brething getting a little lghter. both of them felt the shift, that their teasing had opened something new.
"well then." he leaned in, his lips a hair's width away from hers, Meredith closed her eyes in anticipation. she gasped when his lips made contact with her neck.
"your gonna hav to ask me first." Hayes winked at her when she opened her eyes then left the scrub room, leaving a very flustered Meredith behind.

for the rest of the day all Meredith could think about was their moment in the scrub room and the feel of his lips on her neck. she was flustered, couldn't think straight and the people around her noticed.
"what's the with you today?" Amelia asked as they walked out of a patient's room on the paeds floor.
"nothing, just thinking about a couple of things I need to sort out." Meredith answered.
"well sort it out fast before Bailey notices." Amelia smiled then walked off the ward. Meredith was about to follow her when something, someone, caught her eye. she spotted Hayes walk into his office so she decided to follow him and talk.
"Dr Grey, what can I do for you?" he asked looking at her with a smile.
"if your going to kiss me at least kiss me on the lips." she huffed stepping more into the office.
"still thinking about me huh?" he smirked, "but I did say you'd have to ask me and you haven't." Hayes shrugged coming to stand in front of her. they stared into each others eyes for what felt like a lifetime. the tension building.
"I want you to kiss me." Meredith whispered breathlessly. Hayes got even closer and his eyes kept flicking between her eyes and lips and Meredith thought that this was it, they were finally going to kiss. when he looked into her eyes, he smirked and lowered his head again to kiss her neck.
"i'll think about it." he told her as he went and sat back at his desk. Meredith stared at him for a moment, huffed in annoyance then left.

Meredith sighed with relief when it came to the end of her shift. she could go home and eat, kiss her children goodnight and go to sleep herself all without thinking about Cormac Hayes and the flustered mess he left her in today. or that's what she hoped for. she was stood at the front desk, updating the last of her patient charts so she could finally go home.
"hey, you ready?" Amelia asked from beside her.
"just need to put these last couple of notes in... there, all done." Meredith gave the tablet to the nurse in front of her. as she was about to grab her bag she felt a and on her arm turn her and lips crash into hers. she froze for a second, ready to push whoever this was off of her when she recognised the familiar cologne that belonged to Cormac Hayes, and in that split second of recognition her instincts took over and she responded eagerly by pulling him closer and kissing back with as much passion as she was receiving. one of Meredith's hands held tightly onto Cormac's coat at his waist whilst the other wrapped around his neck and one of his hands was rapped securely around her waist whilst the cupped her cheek gently. this kiss stopped time for them, it made their surrounding environment disappear until it was just the two of them. this kiss was like a moment that was destined to happen between them and it was so much better than either of them imagined. they both pulled away at the same time, breathless, staring a each other. after a few breathes, Hayes smiled at her, placed a quick kiss on her lips, picked his bag up and began walking to the exit. just before he walked out he turned back to look at her and smiled.

"are you coming then, Grey?"