Prologue

"Come on, Winter," Bucky urged, pressing her up against the wall and swiftly bringing her hands up, pinning them above her, causing her to let out a small gasp of surprise.

"Tell me you love me. Tell me how much you want me, I know you want to," Bucky's right hand was gripping Winter's side, tightly, no amount of fabric between his hand and her skin would be able to conceal the heat that was burning within her from his touch.

"Damnit, Bucky. I can't," she said in a breathless whisper, closing her eyes in order to try to get rid of the image of her best friend pressing himself against her, but that only seemed to make her focus more on the heat that was being exchanged between their bodies.

"Come on, sweetheart. Yes, you can. Say it," he ordered, removing his hand from her side and gently grasping her chin with his thumb and index finger, pulling her face towards his, automatically causing Winter to open her eyes, "Say the words, Wint," Bucky whispered, leaning down to brush his soft lips against hers without completely pulling her into an actual kiss, urging her, teasing her.

Winter forced herself to keep quiet, unable to utter the three words that she longed to say to him, and only him. Bucky let out a faint sigh, taking Winter by surprise when he slowly moved down to her neck, leaving soft kisses against her skin, "Please, baby."

Winter's eyes were shut tight as she enjoyed the feeling of Bucky's warm lips brushing against her smooth skin, sending a shiver down her spine, "Bucky..." she quietly moaned into his ear, sending him into a desperate state of need.

Bucky bit the soft part of her neck, causing Winter to lose it, "Fuck, Bucky, I lo-"

Winter shot her eyes open to the sound of the door slamming against the wall as it opened. She slightly lifted her head to see a confused Bucky standing at the door, a sting of annoyance rushing through her since she hadn't been able to conclude her dream. The dream. Her eyes widened when she realised that she had just had a love dream about her best friend. It may not have been a sex dream, but it was still just as embarrassing.

"Bu-Bucky, what the hell are you doing?" she questioned, furrowing her eyebrows at him while he raised an eyebrow of his own up.

"I thought you were hurt. You were calling out to me. So when you didn't answer, I had to come in," he explained, making Winter's face burn even more than before when she realised that he had heard her moan out his name due to the pleasure she was experiencing in the dream.

"I'm fine...just- just go," she ordered through a stutter, her head collapsing back onto her pillow to hide her blushed face from him, hoping that he wouldn't question her.

"Well...ok," he answered, trying to hide his suspicion as he eyed her on the bed in silence before leaving Winter's room.

Winter let out a frustrated groan, You are not in love with your best friend. You are not in love with your best friend. Your are not in love with your best- FUCK, she repeated in her mind, but it was no use.

It wasn't always like that, there were reasons why her subconscious had led her to have that dream in her slumber, reasons why she had begun to develop feelings for her closest, childhood friend.

This is the story of Winter Sharpe and Bucky Barnes.

A/n :

The next couple of chapters are just about how Bucky and Winter act around each other with family, friends and when they're alone, so I'm sorry that it starts out a little slow, but I promise it's good. Just enjoy watching the story progress. Thanks for reading :)

Be sure to read my other book : Rapid Recovery (Bucky Barnes x Reader)

It's based on TFAWS but with love and Y/n embedded into it :)