Chapter 3 : Friends

"Happy?"

"Very," Bucky smirked, immediately unwrapping the cheeseburger that Winter had bought for him after listening to him complain about how she deprived him of a good meal.

"Give me a bite," she ordered, keeping her eyes on the road, seeing Bucky turn his head to her and narrow his eyes from the corner of her eye.

"Nope, you shouldn't have stormed out of there without at least getting a decent amount of food inside you. Plus, you shouldve gotten one for yourself, you always do this," he replied before taking a bite of his food.

"Do what?"

"You always say you're not hungry and then you steal my food," Bucky answered, searching the bag for any stray fries that might've fallen out of the cardboard container.

"I don't always do that. Come on, just one bite. I'm hungry and I paid for it," she stated, quickly glancing at him and his satisfied grin as he took another bite before she returned her eyes to the road, the pair on their way to meet with some friends.

"Pleaseeee," Winter said, although she couldn't show him her puppy dog eyes, she could just as well show it in her voice, making him furrow his eyebrows at her before sighing and bringing the burger up to her mouth.

"The things I do for you," he dramatically sighed then chuckled, watching Winter take a small bite of his burger, making him roll his eyes, "Take a bigger bite."

"No, I'm ok," she said, but when she glanced at him, he was giving her a warning glare, causing her to laugh before giving in and taking another bigger bite, "You literally just told me that you didn't want to share with me, and then you forced me to take a bigger bite," she laughed after she had finished her bite.

"Shut up," was all he could say to that with a smile, continuing with his meal while Winter drove to their friend Natasha's apartment.

Once the pair arrived at Natasha's apartment, they walked in to see their friends Steve, Nat and Sam sitting on the couch together, each with a cold beer in their hand.

"Finally, what took you guys so long?" Sam asked, turning his head around on the couch to look behind him at the two of them.

"Another Sharpe, Barnes family lunch, I'm guessing," Nat spoke up, all three of them now turning around to face them, "So, have your parents decided whether you two will have one child, twins, ooh maybe triplets?" she asked with a teasing smile.

"Just stop," both Bucky and Winter groaned, walking over and slumping down onto the couch next to the group of three.

"I don't get why you two don't just date, then your parents would leave you alone, right?" Steve questioned, although both Winter and Bucky scoffed at that, it could never be that easy.

"Trust me, Steve. That'd only give them the opportunity to set an official wedding date," Winter sighed while Buckys phone began to ring. He grabbed the phone out of his pocket, Winter seeing the caller ID, making her chuckle, "Oh look, another reason is calling him right now."

Bucky immediately rolled his eyes, placing his hand over Winter's mouth before he answered the call, earning a confused expression from each of their friends.

"Babe?" he asked, into the phone, still holding his hand firmly against Winters mouth.

"James, where are you? We were meant to go shopping so that I could get a dress for dinner tomorrow night, remember? With my parents? Don't tell me you forgot. I swear to god if you forgo-"

"Calm down, I didn't forget about tomorrow...I did forget about today though..." Bucky answered, guiltily, knowing that Sharon, his girlfriend, would be pissed off that he'd forgotten about anything to do with her.