Chapter 8 : Misunderstanding

"Why?"

"Moral support," Winter shrugged while Bucky unbuckled his seatbelt.

"I don't need moral support. It's not like I'm getting my heart broken," Bucky rolled his eyes at her, leaning back into his seat before he would decide to leave to grab Sharon's belongings from his house, in which they were parked outside for the time being.

"Right, 'cause you're Bucky Barnes, number one player / bad boy / breaker of all hearts / sex machine," she mocked with a small laugh while Bucky raised his eyebrow at her.

"I'm not a player, or the 'breaker of all hearts'," he rolled his eyes at what he thought to be an over exaggeration, but that only made Winters laughter grow.

"Are you kidding me? You know how many girls use to come crying to me because you used them for a quick fuck, then ditched them? Hell, even a freaking guy cried over you, all because you didn't swing that way," Winter laughed at the memories, even though she had always cringed at the amount of girls (and guy) who were after him, it was pathetic. Couldn't leave the guy alone for a few fucking minutes.

Desperation at its freaking finest.

"Doesn't that just show you how irresistable I am?" Bucky cockily smirked at her, making her roll her eyes at him, "Besides, I didn't ditch any of those girls, I took care of them, cleaned them up. It's not bad to want sex, but then they'd expect a relationship. More than I could give them. Not my fault," Bucky shrugged while Winter raised an eyebrow at him.

She'd never completely noticed, but Bucky had never actually been in a real relationship before...neither has she. Yes, he was in a relationship with Sharon, and many other girls before, but he'd never talked about them or looked at them like he was really in love. It was more the fact that he had a girl on his arm, and those girls had been lucky enough to have Bucky in the first place. It was like a game of 'pass the parcel'.

They got a pretty hot fucking parcel.

Besides, neither of the two had really felt love before. They were only young adults, and hadn't exactly felt what it was like in the real world. Away from the drama of school, the pathetic jealousy that arises through highschool relationships. Everything was left behind months ago.

Oh the jealousy. So many girls fawning over Bucky, and hating Winter over the fact that the two were close friends.

High School was basically one big ass popularity contest, and somehow, Bucky and Winter's little friend group had climbed to the top of the ladder. Bucky and Winter never really cared, it just made it easier for them to find someone to date, or easier to get laid. Not that Winter would always fuck every being in sight, unlike Bucky. Steve was humble, he didn't care about popularity, he just valued his friendship with the rest of the group. Sam relished in the attention of the girls, he was always such a flirt, and Nat was just a simple badass. A few of the guys had even been scared of her. She was always relaxed and laid back with her friends, but with anyone else, that was a slightly different story. Just...don't piss her off.

"Well, I'll be right back," Bucky informed, swinging the car door open, Winter nodding at him. Bucky rested his forearm on top of the lining of the door, bending down to look at Winter, "Do me a favour and don't make a mess in here."

"How the fuck am I supposed to make a mess in here? There's literally nothing in here," Winter pointed out in disbelief at his need to warn her, pointing around at the car that was absolutely spotless.

"You always find a way."

"Yeah, yeah, fuck you," she rolled her eyes at him.

"Fuck you too, sweetheart," he winked at her before moving back and slamming the door closed.