Chapter 1 : Best Friends

"Winter, wake your ass up. If I hear one more baby name come out of your mother's mouth, I swear you'll never see me again," Bucky shook her, attempting to waken her from her deep sleep, "It's 12 in the afternoon, wake up," he ordered, quickly standing up and whipping the blanket off of her body, causing Winter to give in and sit upright on the bed in outrage.

"What the fuck, Bucky? I could've been naked," she furrowed her eyebrows at him as he rolled his eyes at her statement.

"You don't sleep naked," he casually answered, throwing the blanket back at her before walking over and collapsing onto the bed at her feet, causing her to roll her eyes at him.

"And how do you know that?"

"'Cause you told me that you can never be comfortable when sleeping naked. You always get too hot or too cold and you can't take the blanket off since anyone can walk in at anytime," Bucky explained, closing his eyes and resting one hand on his forehead, "And before you ask, yes, we did in fact, have a conversation about whether we slept bare or not."

He was right. Winter was going to ask how he had easily pulled that information out of his ass so casually. She let out a small groan, slumping back down onto her pillow, and closing her eyes, "Now, what was that about baby names?"

Bucky chuckled before sighing, "Your dear mother is still rooting for us. Already picking out possible baby names for our apparent future child," he let out a small laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation while Winter groaned again.

Bucky and Winter's parents had been waiting for the day that they announced themselves as a couple, although both Bucky and Winter knew that was never going to happen. It never stopped their parents from sorting out wedding arrangements, possible baby names, and details such as how much time each of them would be able to spend with their grandchild, even when the pair had continuously told them that it was never going to happen.

"I love your mom, but there is no way that I can fulfil her wish of impregnating you, and if I did, I wouldn't let our child's name be Birch or Chardonnay," he chuckled, thinking of the ridiculousness of the names, causing Winter to let out a small laugh through her nose.

"How long were you out there for?" Winter asked, sitting up on the bed and looking down at Bucky who had his arms rested behind his head, eyes still closed.

"Long enough for your mom to tell me about 50 different baby names, your sister to try and flirt with me over 10 times, and your dad to give me a full, free lesson on how to 'treat a woman right'," Bucky finished in disgust at the last part, making Winter raise her eyebrow at him.

"Treat a woman right...?" she was almost too afraid to ask, immediately regretting it when Bucky replied.

"Well...how to treat you right when were in the shee-"

"Ok, ok, that's enough. Don't even think about finishing that sentence," she interrupted, feeling the same amount of disgust that Bucky had been feeling.

"Thank god, it was horrifying just to explain," he dramatically shuddered, opening his eyes and now staring at the ceiling.

"So, Melissa's still after you, I see," Winter laughed, slightly teasing Bucky who rolled his eyes at her. Melissa Sharpe, Winter's older sister aka Buckys ex-girlfriend. "I still can't believe you dated her."

"I'm an idiot," he sighed as he sat up on the bed, "I was a hot, naive teenager who jumped at the chance to be with an older, experienced girl."

"Who just had to be my annoying older sister. Also, we're still teenagers," Winter pointed out, standing up from the bed and walking over to her set of drawers, finding something to get changed into for the day.