Chapter 7 : Protective Instincts

It was 4:45 in the afternoon and Winter was working her usual shift at the café for the day, once again with Declan. She ignored him the whole time, there was no reason to talk to someone like him. She simply did her job until it was time to leave.

Winter whipped out her phone, placing the cloth she had in her hands down, and began to text Bucky, asking whether she could be picked up from work. Thankfully, Bucky agreed, letting her know that he'd be there soon.

She slipped her phone into the pocket of her jeans, spending the next 10 minutes in the back kitchen. She just finished cleaning the rest of the dishes, beginning to walk past the counter to head out for the day when someone suddenly gripped her hips, spinning her to slam against the edge of the counter.

"Leaving so soon?" Declan asked with a smirk, looking down at Winter who he had just pinned to the edge of the counter.

A glare formed on her face as she said, "That's what people do when their shift ends, dipshit," she spat while she tried to push him off of her, but he grabbed her wrists, quickly slamming them down on either side of her against the edge of the counter, making her slightly wince on impact.

"We still have five minutes...I bet you can do a lot in five minutes," he still had the same smirk of amusement across his face while Winter glared up at him. She was about to open her mouth to deliver a snarky comment, but was cut off, "And don't worry about your boyfriend, it'll be our dirty little secret," Declan winked, attempting to provoke her.

"Fuck off, you piece of shit. Let go of me!" she raised her voice, trying to pull herself out of her grip, but he wouldn't budge. Suddenly, she felt Declan being ripped away from her, looking up with wide, confused eyes until she saw that it was Bucky who had pushed Declan away from her.

"She said-" Bucky landed a hard punch to Declan's jaw, making Declan stumble back from impact, "-to fuck off," Bucky was seeing red, looking at Declan who had his head turned away, wiping the blood from the split of his lip. Winter watched with a glare at Declan, knowing that she wouldnt be able to stop Bucky if he wanted to do more damage, Decaln deserved it anyway.

"Don't fucking touch her," Bucky warned through gritted teeth, clenching his jaw, watching Declan begin to recover.

Declan smirked to himself before turning back around to Bucky, eyeing him, "And who the fuck are you?" he questioned, throwing his arms out in question and annoyance that Bucky had just punched him.

Bucky rolled his eyes before pulling Winter to him by her shoulders, wrapping an arm around her, "Her boyfriend, asshole. So next time I see you rubbing up on my girl like that, I'll throw you into a fucking wall, he threatened, holding Winter tightly at his side while Declan simply glared at Bucky. Winter found herself about to protest Bucky's temporary title for himself, but decided against it. It was simply a tactic to intimidate Declan enough to stay away from her. A very unusual, yet cliché tactic.

"I mean it, stay the fuck away from her," Bucky sternly warned, receiving silence from Declan, "Come on, Wint," he said, ushering her to the door, soon leaving together.

Declan glared at the two, watching them as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, "You're not gonna be happy about this," he said with a dark chuckle.

-

"Boyfriend? Really?" Winter asked, shaking her head with a small chuckle at Bucky's ridiculous statement from earlier.

The two were now driving to Bucky's house, he claimed that he needed to pick up a few things of Sharon's before he headed over to her house, and Winter insisted that she would be fine to go with him.