Chapter 5 : Comfortable

Winter was peacefully laying on her bed, head resting against the headboard, reading a book. She often read at night, it calmed her, it was better than going on her phone.

The sound of a knock on her window startled her, she immediately closed her book, cautiously moving towards her window. Her eyes widened when she saw Bucky hanging outside of her window, holding onto the water pipe.

Winter quickly slid her window open, allowing Bucky to climb inside to the warmth of the room, "Thank god, I was scared the pipe was gonna break," he commented, brushing his jacket off.

"What the hell are you doing? Why'd you have to climb in through my window? You scared the shit out of me," Winter exclaimed, eyes still filled with confusion, until she noticed Buckys stressed state.

"Sorry, didn't wanna come in through the front door and talk to anyone," he sighed, walking over to the bed and collapsing, closing his eyes.

"Are you ok, Buck? Did Sharon do something?" Winter questioned, coming over to sit next to him on the bed. She knew Sharon was most likely the cause of his stress, especially since she threatened him before, over the phone.

"Nothing, she's just...crazy," he didnt want to give up any more information, he knew that Winter would blame herself if she knew why Sharon had gotten so worked up.

"What'd she do? You can tell me," Winter assured Bucky, sensing his hesitation, they told each other everything, they knew each other like the back of their hand. It would be unusual if they didn't, the two have been inseparable since Winter's birth, since their families had always been close before they came into the world.

Bucky turned his head to the side to look at Winter, contemplating whether he should tell her the truth, he sighed, knowing that Winter would keep bugging him to help if he didn't tell. There was no point in lying either, she'd know if he was, "Ok...Sharon wanted to do things."

Winter nodded, confused on why that information was useful to the conversation.

"And when she came closer...she smelled your perfume on me...from the hoodie," Bucky cautiously explained, hoping that she wouldnt blame herself, but she did.

"Oh...that's why she's mad? I'm sorry, I didn't realise how strong the scent was. Damnit. She probably thought you were cheating on her with me," Winters eyes saddened at Bucky in guilt.

Bucky quickly lifted himself to sit on the bed, "No, it's not your fault. You didn't know. Relax, she's the one who should be sorry now. She went crazy before I could even explain properly and then she called you a-" Bucky mentally facepalmed when he realised that he had let on too much information at the end.

"Called me a what?" Winter questioned, her eyebrow raised, awaiting an answer.

Bucky sighed, knowing there was no way out of it now, "She called you a bitch. Then I told her not to talk about you like that," Bucky made sure to add.

Winter seemed unfazed by the fact that Sharon called her a bitch, she simply said, "Don't worry. I really don't care if she calls me a bitch. Look, I don't wanna come between your relationship with her, but you have to admit that she isn't good for you. I get that it might be hard for her that her boyfriend has a girl best friend, but come on," Winter rolled her eyes at the thought of Sharon while Bucky slightly nodded, deep in thought.

"I'll have to break up with her soon," Bucky concluded, Winter giving him a small, comforting smile at his final decision.

"So, I'm guessing you're sleeping over?" Winter asked, excitement in her voice, it'd been so long since she'd had Bucky to sleep over.