Chapter 1

His thoughts

His thoughts

When the sun was at its peak and the clock on my dining room wall was just past 1 in the afternoon, a faint rumble of a large truck interrupted my reading. It's tires came to a halt as it let out an exasperated sigh.

My book was put down where I had grabbed it, it's pages flipping back to an unknown part. I walked over to my window to see the fuss.

A large moving van was parked down the street with "bayside moving" plastered on the sides in big,orange letters.

My eyes roamed the scene for a short minute as my head did jumping jacks. Brown boxes were set on the floor by an un seen person before a metal ramp made a thud on the concrete. A pair of white sneakers poked out front the trucks back side, halting its steps.

A head of blonde hair followed sitting on the small frame of a girl. A baby blue headband sat perfectly in her locks, being saturated with color by the sun. Baby blue looked perfect on her. Picking up the boxes, the girls shorts rode up tighter on her thighs. She lifted the box and held it close to her chest before she walked down the ramp towards the small home on the end of Maple Street.

She disappeared into the home which, even from my view, was clearly empty. I could smell the fresh and clean, untouched scent new homes had even as I watched from my window. My eyes diverted to the moving truck when another woman came out. Holding two big totes looked to be full with clothes.

The woman stopped, reading a note plastered on the top of the lid. She turned back, looking at the truck before heading to the house. The front door was wide open.

I saw the blonde beauty come back out a short moment later. She skipped happily to the ramp, walking up its textured metal, her mouth agape as she spoke to another unknown person.

For a long while I watched.

The young girl carried boxes here and there. A man, who had to be the father, carried larger things. The blonde carried a basket of pots and pans inside after a few moments. She came back out like clockwork.

It had to be nearing evening when the family finished. The man came out to close the trucks backend and reel up the ramp. He dusted his hands off, grabbing keys out of his pockets and locking the truck. The man then disappeared back inside their new home, shutting the door behind him.

I closed my curtains, going back to my book. But my mind wasn't processing the words my eyes were looking at. Instead, my head was filled with thoughts of the blonde nymphet.

Welcome home, neighbor's.