Chapter 5

Delilah grabbed the hem of her sweater down to her waist just before she opened her bedroom door

Delilah grabbed the hem of her sweater down to her waist just before she opened her bedroom door. She was Met with her mother, holding a kitchen towel and had an apron on her while her hair was pulled back.

"Are you alright dear?" Her mothers tone was laced with worry.

"Yes, ma, I- I was getting changed." Delilah's head was peaking out of her door, a stain of redness on her cheeks was prominent and didn't help her mothers concern. Her mothers eyes wandered the room. It was clean, like always, and her fairy lamp was on. Everything looked normal.

"Me and your father were calling for you. Dinner is ready." Her mom said, her eyes falling back down.

"Oh. I didn't hear you, I'll be right down." Delilah quickly shut the door before rushing over to her window. She pulled back the curtains, seeing Harry's window closed and his curtains were not open. She could see nothing in his room. She was slightly disappointed but maybe it was for the better.

Delilah bit down on her lip as she walked down the stairs to greet her parents for dinner. She sat down at the table and they all did their daily blessings, grabbing plates and talking amongst themselves. Her mom talked about her new job. Some thing about a business offer while her father complained about the yardwork not being done. 

" well honey if it's that big of a deal call the company." Her mother said while cutting up her steak.

Dinner was quick and Delilah tried her best to act normal. But her mind was racing with the previous events in her room. And she began to wonder if this changed things between her and her neighbor even though they hadn't had but one conversation together.

At 6 AM the next morning she was awoken by her mother opening her blinds even though there was a  lack of sunlight. Delilah groaned but forced herself to open her eyes. Her mother set out A clean uniform for her and instructed her to get ready for school, exiting the room and shutting the door behind her.

School was nothing short of boring. Delilah was an excellent student and was in all honors classes except one. She made small talk at lunch but for the most part she sat by her self, coloring on a coloring page. Her last period was history class. Delilah liked this class because the teacher never gave homework despite it being an honors class. The class went by rather quick which was a blessing and a half.

School was now released and Delilah started her walk home. She crossed the street as her shoes scuffed the pavement and took her turn into her neighborhood. The neighborhood was lively with kids walking home amongst her and people walking their dogs.

I want a dog

With her backpack on her shoulders Delilah avoided one house. She Felt her body tense up as she passed it. she didn't want to come face-to-face with the gorgeous man sitting on the porch reading a book. She avoided looking his direction at all costs. But Harry didn't miss the blonde nymphet walking past his house and he called out to her. He set his book down, standing from his chair.

Delilah winced, gripping her backpacks straps at the sound of his voice. Oh god. Delilah turned to face Harry to see him smiling at her. He looks rather happy to see her and clearly the emotion was not returned.

It wasn't that Delilah hated harry or she didn't like Harry per se, but rather, she was embarrassed.

" I see you go to Claremont high school, I used to go there." Harry said, noticing her schools logo on her sweater.

Harry saw Delilah's body relax with that confession. "Really? Did you like it?"

" it was all right. About as good as any other high school," Harry laughed, sticking his hands in his pockets. Delilah smiled up at him through a freckled face that was tinted red from heat. He could see a layer of sweat line her forehead.

" you look hot, would you like to come in for a drink to cool down?" Harry offered, hoping she'd say yes. Delilah looked over at her house seeing her parents were not yet home from work. She remembered she also had lots of homework to do and the math in specific was always hard for her.

"Urm, i'm not sure. I have lots of homework."

" I can help you with it." Harry said, watching Delilah talk to herself in her head. She played with her fingers nervously, thinking about how worried her parents would be if they got home and she wasn't there. but if her parents weren't going to be home for a while what was the big deal? She would have to be  back before her parents. So Delilah gave harry a curt nod, following behind him into his house.

———-
Hi babes! If you can't see the GIFs at the top it's because Wattpad is removing them. Apparently it's not safe for viewers eyes but it was just a pic of a girls lips lol. I think we've all seen those before. Anyways, what do you think! Some big news is coming in the next chapters so stay tuned!