Chapter 12

If anyone were to ask how her night was going Delilah would tell them she'd rather sit through her fathers hour long football frenzies in front of the TV

If anyone were to ask how her night was going Delilah would tell them she'd rather sit through her fathers hour long football frenzies in front of the TV. She didn't even understand football. But that had to be better than sitting in a dark room in some murderers house. And she wasn't allowed to leave either because he was her babysitter.

It was nighttime, and she had a window to look out of. But overall even the moonlight wasn't enough light to keep her fear of the dark away. She laid in bed, staring at the moon to keep her bad thoughts away. She tried to think happy thoughts. Because at that point, that would be the only thing to keep her from crying.

She rolled over, squinting her eyes shut. She pulled the cold covers over her head, being encased in darkness. But that was just more terrifying. She threw the covers off of her before eyeing the bedroom door. She could see a hallway light that was on outside. The orange beams came through the bottom of the door, lighting up only a quarter of the room. Just enough for her to make out outlines of things.

Her eyes soon adjusted to the darkness. She daydreamed about things to keep her mind busy. She thought about the gooey brownies her mom made, she thought about the lake and Violet. She thought about puppies. Her mind was vivid with dancing dreams of things Delilah adored. And soon, feeling her muscles relax, she fell asleep.

The clock had just hit three in the morning when Delilah's consciousness started to come back as she was mid nightmare. The feeling where your heart drops as you realize what exactly the nightmare your having is, when your becoming aware of it. But suddenly her eyes snapped open and her body jolted up.

She saw the room she had fallen asleep in. The window was still closed, still shining moonlight into the room. The door was still shut, and nothing was out of the ordinary. Delilah's heart was beating rapidly, and she felt her chest heave.

Her body felt numb. She tried to forget about the nightmare and all the vivid images she had. Realization came to her that she wasn't in her room at home and her parents were still gone. Her situation was too much. And with every second she swore the room was getting smaller, she saw dots on the walls.

The thumping of her heart was ringing in her ears. Her mouth opened to try and call out for Harry. She was having a panic attack and didn't know how to handle it, not on her own. She didn't want Harry's help. But she needed it. She pulled back the covers with shaking hands, and was about to get out of bed but the ground looked like a black hole.

Delilah crawled back, feeling the pillows underneath her delicate hands. She looked around the room and different things like the small chair in the corner. She made a mental note that that was one thing she could see and point out.

The hallway light flickered on from outside her door. She heard footsteps coming down the hall, straight towards her room. She was nervous to talk to him about what was going on, but she wanted to get out of this stuffy room. She gripped onto the sheets and blankets.

Harry opened the door not even a second later. He looked calm but tired. He was shirtless and wearing sweatpants, he had that same necklace dangling from his neck. His hair looked soft as it fell from his head in messy curls. He walked over to Delilah's bed where she was visibly shaking.

"What's wrong?" Harry said, sitting down on her bed. Delilah crawled over to Harry for warmth. She was nervous to even touch him but he seemed trustworthy at this moment. She was alone besides him. He was her only shot at calming down and getting to a safe place with her anxiety.

Her hands cuddled up between her own chest and Harry's as she rested her head on Harry's chest. She found the warmth that radiates between the two of them and used it to her full advantage. Her eyes shut, feeling Harry's hand rub her back softly. He hummed to her, rocked her, and folded his arms around her waist.

"You had a nightmare?" He asked, looking down at Delilah who still had her eyes shut. She nodded. Her heart rate slowly went back to normal. Her shaking stopped after a few minutes too and it relieved her. She felt sleepy again, yawning and rubbing her eyes. Harry stood up, reaching to her fan and turned it off before heading to the door. Delilah was still in his arms and she heard another door open and shut.

This room was dark too but there was a bathroom in this one and that light was on. The tv was also on so it offered more light than the other room. Delilah opened her eyes to take in her new surroundings. It didn't take her long to figure out this was Harry's room. The dead giveaway was the black bedding along with all black furniture and his clothes that he wore were sitting in the corner.

Harry placed his girl on the bed, putting the covers over her. He got In bed beside her, adjusting his pillows to his liking again. He turned on his fan, making sure it was blowing towards the bed. He pulled sweet Delilah into him, his hands playing with her hair.

Delilah was slightly uncomfortable that he moved her to sleep with him. But this bed was so much more warm and comfy than the one in the other room. She practically sank into It.

Her body relaxed as she felt Harry's fingers rake through her waves. Harry was humming a song. She couldn't tell which one it was but it didn't really matter. Her panic attack had gone away, her anxiety was gone and she was warm. Was she safe? She still wasn't sure. She was too tired to protest anything anyway.

So she fell asleep wrapped up in Harry's blankets and nuzzled into his chest, feeling his finger tips graze the bare skin of her back. The last thing she heard his humming of tunes before she drifted off.

——
Awww. I actually got this chapter idea from my own experience cause when me and my bf were friends I had a panic attack at his house and this is what he did. Anyways, what do you guys think so far!