Chapter 14

The next day was Delilah's first day of school since being under Harry's care and it went well, in the beginning. She did her usual classes. Art, math, science, English and of course gym class, which wasn't her favorite to say the least. Her teacher was a grumpy lady who was finalizing her divorce and of course she took that anger out on the students, always giving them random write ups and yelling from across the football field for no reason, blowing her whistle.

Delilah was rarely ever a target for these outbursts. That's not to say it didn't happen, but it just didn't happen often since Delilah Stayed to herself. She played a few games of volleyball with her friends, talked and chatted as she sucked on a lollipop and walked in circles blabbing about Harry.

She wasn't all to pleased with her current living situation. She felt betrayed by her parents for leaving her with a stranger basically, fearing for her safety at times. Harry was handsome, charming, and definitely good at being seductive, causing butterflies to fly around in Delilah's tummy whenever he called her pet names. But one thing, more than the others, that Harry was- intimidating.

Delilah ranted for the last half hour of class, pushing open her math teachers classroom door with her notebooks in her arms as she made faces. Her hands would make movements as she talked. Violet didn't miss how her voice would soften when she mentioned his eyes. They could be one of two things, according to her. Scary and dark, or sweet and caring. And she preferred the second option.

"Speak of the devil." Violet murmured, throwing a glare at Harry's black car in the car pickup line.

Delilah waved her friend off, telling her she would continue her rant tomorrow at school. Violet nodded, giving her friend a tight hug and silently prayed for her return, knowing who Harry truly was. His outbursts and all.

And if Delilah had also truly known the significance of Harry's other side, maybe she wouldn't have talked to the junior boy who had dirty blonde hair and did sports. He was well built, seeing as though he played football for the school. His shoulders were broad. That was the first thing Delilah noticed even under his varsity jacket with his last name on the back as it wrapped around his arms.

"I was actually wondering if you'd like to maybe come watch the game tomorrow night." He sheepishly asked, scratching the back of his neck. Delilah blushed immensely, realizing he was asking her on a date.

The boy who's name was Adam, was absolutely taken aback by Delilah's beauty as she glistened under the suns rays. It didn't do her pale skin any justice, at least not to anyone besides boys who took the effort to notice how it made her glow. Her light blonde curls sat atop her breast line with a baby pink headband in the center that framed her face perfectly. She peered up at the boy through her long eyelashes, smiling.

"Yes, I'll come to your game." She giggled. The giggle. The very thing that would be her downfall later, but she didn't notice it yet. The boy gently reached out to touch a strand of curl as Delilah wrote Harry's address on the boys hand, her tongue sticking out in concentration. He felt it's softness beneath his fingers as he tucked it back, brushing his free wrist against the flesh of her cleavage that was showing through the daisy print dress top.

Any normal person would have saw this interaction as harmless, shameless flirting between two teenagers. And neither one of the children were in a relationship so in all reality the situation was perfectly fine. But Harry was no normal human. And he sat in his car practically steaming with hot jealousy as he watched the conversation unfold in front of the school pickup line. His hands gripped the steering wheel with fury, pure anger in his eyes.

Delilah jumped in the passenger seat seconds later, not even noticing how tense Harry was until he started driving. His foot slammed on the gas pedal, throwing Delilah back into the seat. Her small hands gripped his arm rest, watching as other various cars in traffic passed by. He didn't make any complete stops. His turns were sharp, and if his breaks were pressed slightly they were only on for a second before he sped up again.

They pulled up in his driveway and Harry shut off the car, getting out and storming up the walkway to his door.

Delilah gulped as she gathered her book bag, her books, her lunchbox, gently shut his car door and trudged up into the house. She sighed heavily. Harry was racing up the stairs to his room, keys in hand and before Delilah could even get a word out his bedroom door was slammed shut and locked. Now she could feel how angry he was.

But confusion washed over her, she didn't know why he was so angry. She didn't have the slightest inkling in her little head as to what could have made him so enthralled. Like a ticking time bomb, a bubbling rage in a pot of boiling water, a shaking house about to knock everything over, she could feel his breaking point.

She took her things up the stairs, avoiding the room at the end of the hall with things shattering and breaking in it at the strong hands of a very enraged man. Her hands were shaking as she opened the guest bedroom, immediately closing and locking it.

She laid on the bed, trying to drown out the sounds that came from Harry's room. He was in a pure ball of rage that couldn't be contained in this small room, though he was trying to keep his negative thoughts at bay, it was difficult. He was never good at it. And even after breaking everything in sight, including his tv, it wasn't enough.

Falling to his knees, sweat dripping from his forehead, His hands clenched, veins popping.

He really didn't want to do anything drastic. But he wasn't going to let this one go. He knew that. He knew himself better than anyone, and as he glanced at the phone thinking about calling his therapist, he breathed heavily.

Maybe it was fate, or perhaps inevitable doom for the blonde haired boy as he walked up the sidewalk, looking at the small writing Delilah left on his skin. With flowers in hand, Adam knocked on Harry's door. Harry's head snapped up, hearing the sound and somehow he knew who it was. God this was too easy.

It was clear the universe was begging for Harry to break and harm the boy with his bare hands. The access he had to this boy in his angered state was impeccable as Harry swooped his hair through his fingers to rid the sweat from his locks , opening his door to reveal the boy.

"Is Delilah here?" He asked, looking around the living room behind Harry's shoulder, not even noticing Harry's intense and deadly glare. Harry's head was pounding from the voices he was telling himself. It had been a long time since he played with someone for his psychological fun, and he missed it. Perhaps it was about time for some playtime.

"Unfortunately, she's not here right now. But would you like to come inside?"

I know I've been gone from this story for like the longest, but bear with me. I will be continuing this story, so don't fret. These next couple chapters are really intense but of course this is a dark story, so I mean...

And it's me lol ;) I don't write too much fluff for a reason