Chapter 11

"Mom you can't leave me alone for a whole month with that psycho!" Delilah pleaded with her mother, tugging on her apron as she cooked dinner for her daughter

"Mom you can't leave me alone for a whole month with that psycho!" Delilah pleaded with her mother, tugging on her apron as she cooked dinner for her daughter. Her mother rolled her eyes at the name.

"Delilah that is no way to talk about someone. He's a wonderful man." Her father said, looking up from sorting through the Mail. Her father put his glasses into his carry on bag, sitting it by the door. Delilah tried to reason with her beloved parents. She followed them around the kitchen as they moved. She would have no problem with Harry watching her if she didn't know about his past. A part of her wishes she never even found out.

"Mom please. You don't know how big of a mistake your making."

"Delilah stop it. We are going and you are staying. That is final." Her mother snapped, turning around. She looked upset and disappointed in her daughter as she never acted out. Delilah huffed, turning and marching up the stairs, grabbing her shoes on the way.

Her mother leaned on the kitchen counter and sighed. She put her head in her hands as she felt a wave of parental guilt wash through her. She has never snapped at Delilah before.

" I don't know what's gotten into her." She said as Dennis rubbed her back. He nodded his head, worried about his daughter just as much.

"It's stressful moving to a whole new city. She had to leave all of her friends and everything she had grown up with to come here remember that." He reasoned. "And now her parents are up and leaving not even a week into being here. It's just going to take time to get used to."

Delilah overhead her parents talking. She sat by the stairs, wiping tear stained cheeks. She was completely terrified to be left alone tonight. She wasn't sure if Harry would be here or not but she assumed the possibility was an almost definitive chance. She saw her mother peak out of her curtains to look at Harry's house, checking if his car was in his driveway.

Delilah's heart did laps when the doorbell rang. Delilah quickly ran back up The stairs. Her mother waved her hand at her to go look presentable, turning to unlock the door for Harry.

Delilah heard the deep but enchanting voice from downstairs. He laughed at something her mother had said before Delilah heard the front door close. She could hear his footsteps as he walked around the house into the kitchen, greeting her father. Delilah could almost imagine the stupid handshake dads do.

Delilah dried herself off as she grabbed a skirt and a shirt from her drawer. It was a baby pink pleaded skirt and the shirt was a white long sleeved shirt. Delilah braided her hair really quick, threading her fingers down as she did so, staring at her reflection In the mirror. She put on some chapstick before opening her bedroom door.

Delilah's heart beat was so fast she could barely walk. She stopped walking by the stair case ledge, convincing herself her heart was just gonna explode.

"Sweetie, are you ok?" Her mother said. Delilah noticed her mothers head looking up at her from the bottom of the stairs, her arms resting on the ledge. Delilah gulped as she saw Harry's shadow in the kitchen. It was a reminder of why she was so nervous to begin with.

"Y-yes."

Her mother nodded, going back to engage in conversation with Harry and her husband. Harry was sitting at the table, legs spread and nodding his head at Delilah's father.

Delilah found the courage to turn the corner and enter the room. She went to stand by her mother almost immediately, whispering to her mother to try and convince her to stay. Delilah was rejected for the hundredth time.

Harry was discreet anytime he looked at Delilah. He stole glances at her every now and then. He could tell that she was very close with her mother in specific. Based off interactions, she wasn't so close with her father. They didn't seem to have a bad relationship just not a close one.

At dinner Delilah fumbled with her hands. She poked at her food, only taking a few bites. Her mother convinced her to eat more since after tonight she would be in Harry's hands. Her mother was not worried however.

After dinner Delilah took a long time at Harry's house, hugging her parents goodbye. She talked to them, asking them if they had every item in the house to try and stall. Her mother kissed Delilah's forehead before picking up the suitcase by the handle and watching Dennis load it into the trunk of a taxi.

Harry watched from his front door, his hands in his pockets as his body leaned against his door frame. He watched Delilah scurry to her father to try and stall with him to. But her parents gave her one last hug, saying she needed to be good and they would call her. Delilah reluctantly moved out of the way, waving to her mother as she entered the car. She had talked to them for the past 15 minutes. She has tried her best to get them to stay or at least take her with them, but they were set on their decision.

Before she knew it, the car sped off down the street. And Her one month with Harry began.