Chapter 27

Author's Note

Y/n backstory when?

Your POV

"What the fuck." You whisper.

Bitchass Kenma was supposed to stay for the rest of your heist but he didn't—he instead left to do his dumb stream.

Hurt by the gesture, you can't hide the disappointment in your heart. Even though you already knew, logically, that he might've not kept his word.

He lied, he said he was gonna stay.

... it doesn't matter anyway.

He cheated on you.

He hurt you.

You don't want him.

He fucked up his chance before. Don't even think about giving him another one.

You still need to stalk Gennai and Miya—

It hurt so much.

Don't expect so much from someone who's already proven themselves unreliable.

You'll only get hurt again.

You're left sitting here alone, just as you were back in high school before meeting the others.

Gennai is more important. The friends who care about you are more important—

"It's okay. It's okay." You interlace your fingers together. Pleading to hold back the tears. Eye sockets wide trying to avoid the wetness seeping in.

Don't cry. You stupid fuck.

It's just like when your fucking crush chose your best friend over you.

Gosh dammit. Why is this happening all over again?

It's just a stream he didn't even.

"Y/n?" The sound draws you out... it's Gennai. Before making eye contact with him, you wipe the base of your eyes with your palms.

Quickly then looking up at him.

"What are you doing here?" You ask. "Aren't you with Miya?"

"Had to cut off plans early." Gennai casually replies, taking the seat adjacent to you.

"You look like shit." He adds on, impassive little smile on his expression as he observes the redness within the whites of your eyes.

"Now listen here you little shit—sorry if I choose to breakdown right here in public, we can't all be heartless bitches like Eban." You whip on a stable expression, hopefully moving on from the almost breakdown you had before hand.

"Why are you crying?" The male asks, leaning forward attentively.

"Why are you crying?" He repeats, head tilting.

It's so stupid. He's asking the question in an accent that's exactly the same as to the "why are you gay" interview.

Gestures being similar with a look of genuine confusion, and mockery towards you.

"You know why already man, there's nothing else interesting to say about it."

"I beg to differ."

"Then beg."

"Man, fuck this. Bye, forget I ever tried to help you." The male deadpans, standing up from the chair.

"Noooooo!" You drawl out, reaching over for him to stay from across the circular table.