Chapter 12

Authors Note:

First of all, thank you for all the views and likes on this story! Didn't think I was going to get very far with this honestly. I am grateful for all of you, and your feedback.

I know I shouldn't be, but I am planning another story SEPARATE from this. And will be Haikyuu based. I actually have two ideas for separate stories, one is oneshot based with my self made prompt, and the other is a short-ish story like this one. And yes, both will have angst. I hope you all know I love the angst.

I take back what I said earlier, I actually have three story ideas. Maybe when this book ends I will have a vote on which story I make first, because I eventually want to make all of these ideas into their own story. The vote will just be which where one is first.

As you know there has been no editing done to any of these chapters. I'm going to have to edit the words and grammar once this has book is done. Hope you all can bare with me as I continue writing like crackhead. 

Third POV

This was a sign: it's okay to let go now. You're going to be fine. No matter what the emotions are that meets your future.

Your POV

It was the end of the day, after that whole fiasco with G/n/2 and everyone else. Luckily we had all resolved that out by the end of lunch and now you could head home. 

Before completely walking out of the gates you hear a voice calling out for you. You turn around to see Yaku waving, and approaching you. Your mouth falls slack in awe, you didn't think anyone would come to see you, much less, anyone on the Nekoma volleyball team. 

"Hey Y/n!" He calls out, before stopping right in front of you. 

"Hello Yaku." You greet back, nodding to him. 

"I assume you're here to ask about me and Kenma right?" You ask before he can say anything. It was the only reasonable thing you could think of, and you already had one group of people befriending you all just so they could know why you and Kenma broke up. 

"That's right." Yaku replies a bit sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Now that you say it like that, you make it sound like I came here to gossip with you or something." 

Yes, you were insinuating that Yaku only came here to get the latest news but you somehow just knew he wasn't that type of person. Even if you guys haven't interacted much when you did go to their practices, and simple hangouts. 

You didn't know whether to tell him or not, what's the pros and cons of telling him, and were they worth it? What was the pros of cons of keeping it?--It as in the fact that Kenma cheated on you, but hey, no one's keeping score. 

"I'm going to keep it short and say that Kenma cheated on me." You tell him.

Yaku looks way taken aback. The quiet, socially awkward setter? Would he really do that? That's what you thought anyway by the way Yaku's face looked. 

"Why though?" He asked, as if you knew the answer. "I don't know." You respond. 

"You didn't bother asking?" Yaku asked you. 

"No." By the point you found out, you had been crumbling to pieces, a crying mess. Not so much crying, but still a mess. 

Yaku looks at you confused, skeptical, and if not, a bit wary. "Are you sure you're telling the truth?" He worded carefully, as not to offend you. 

"Yes I'm sure. Why would I lie?" You reply. 

You know how Yaku's thinking that he knows Kenma and how he would never do that, and how you might be lying to be causing more drama or something, but then backtracking on how you didn't seem to be that type. Once again, this was your own educated guess and in no means does this seem to be his way of thought at the moment. 

After quite a bit, two minutes at best, Yaku doesn't reply and students begin to leave, not without staring at you and whispering back to their fellow students. 

"I am telling the truth. I have no reason to lie. All I wish I should've asked before was why he did so, and how he feels with her." You tell him, eyes beginning too dry, and your eyebrows naturally furrow down, pushing you eyelids to create moisture in your eyes. 

"Does he at least look happy?" You ask Yaku, looking back up to him. 

He looks contemplative for a moment before nodding, and saying "He seems more joyful to say the least." 

"That's good." You respond. "I don't want to keep you from practice anymore. Have fun, I hope she's being nice to you all." You turn around in finality, and leave the school grounds. 

There's at least one thing you learned through you life after watching ten years of TV shows, movies, and books, was the inference skill you gained through them. That in this situation Kenma was the one at fault and you needed to let him go. Just that letting go was harder said then done. 

Before you begin to start crying in public, there's a ding notifying you of a notification from your phone. You take your phone out of your skirt pocket, and see. 

[*** *** **** Text]
Thursday
4:01 PM

Hey.