Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Sorry for being away for so long, but I'm here to continue the story! Updates may be a bit rockier and less on schedule, but that's because of school. Without a doubt I'll be able to still upload chapters, just sometimes in not a timely manner, BUT I will try my best to update on time. Hope you all do not mind. 😅 Have fun reading the chapter!

Third POV

It had finally happened. You broke up with Kenma, and he was finally able to live on with his life without the stress of keeping his secret.

Still healing from the aftereffects of being cheated. You can't help but still love Kenma no matter what.

Your POV

"Shampoo?" You questioned aloud, taking a more intrigued notion towards B/n/1. As all the cards were neatly placed on

"Yep." He looked to you with a proud, clever smile on his visage.

You've heard of it before. You've never played it, you just knew it was a card game.

"How do you play?" You asked. Anything. Anything to maybe keep your mind off Kenma.

B/n/1 smiles widely, proudly placing his hand above his heart dramatically as if he knew that you were going to be interested.

"We can play a practice game," he starts. "With me, you, and G/n/3." Pointing at each of us before shuffling the deck, and placing three cards (faced backside) in a row in front of each person.

You cast a quick glance to G/n/3 who didn't touch the cards. You looked back to B/n/1 to see he didn't touch his set of cards either. You had decided the best choice was not to touch the three you had.

"Don't touch the three cards in front." B/n/1 said. "I'll explain once every one gets their cards."

So you were right to not touch the first three. You couldn't wait to tell Kenma about th—never mind.

Secretly in the back of your mind you hoped you had some sort of ultra instinct with these card games. But that seemed sort of stupid, and unreal. You know, with your sort of bad luck lately...

He handed six cards in your hand, six in G/n/3's, and placed his in front of his setup, shuffling the remaining stack.

Once he was finished, the remaining cards in the deck were placed neatly in the middle while B/n/1 and G/n/3 were accompanied by the same card setup in front of them.

"These cards that I put in your hand," he showed the backside of the cards to you as emphasis. "You can look at them."

"The goal of the game is to be the first player to have no cards left." G/n/3 states, peering at you from the side.

You look over the smaller deck of cards in the middle, a contrast from earlier of how large the deck looked in the first place.

"First, what you want to do is place the biggest value cards atop your cards in front of you." B/n/1 said, placing a King, Joker, and two on top of the three, lay down cards.

"You want to do your biggest because once we're done with the deck, we won't be using any smaller value cards afterwards." G/n/3 informed, doing the same.

You, taking your own six cards, and looking at it more thoroughly. You had a king, nine, seven, three, jack, ten, queen, five and two. You then began to organize the cards from lowest to highest value.

"You have six cards right?" B/n/1 asked, whilst organizing his own deck, and placing a ten of hearts, three of spades, and jack of diamond atop the hidden three cards.