Chapter 16

The Muggen Train

3rd pov
The last few days were boring for Tanjiro, he wanted to train, but couldn't. But at last, his eighth day in the butterfly mansion was his first day of training.

"Alright, Tanjiro-kun. Could you just follow me outside please?"

"Yes, of course."

The two of them then walked outside to a clearing. Shinobu didn't have much to teach, which is why he only needed to train with her for three days before being the Flame Hashira's turn. Training with Kocho was pretty boring but useful, because what he had to practice was his legs and poison making. Kocho can't kill a demon by decapitating them, instead, she stabs them with her sword that is filled with poison, mostly made of wisteria flowers. The sheet of her katana is filled with different poisons, you can detect it by hearing the click sound that the sword make when putting it away. On the last day of training with Shinobu it was the first day of rehab for Inosuke and Zenitsu.

"Well, my training is done. I hope you fortune on your journey."

"Thank you very much Kocho-san!"

With that, Tanjiro walked outside of the mansion and waited for his crow to tell him which way go.

"CAW!! CAW!! THE MUGEN TRAIN! MANY PEOPLE DISAPPEARED!! YOU MUST JOIN THE FLAME HASHIRA RENGOKU!!!"

The crow then lended on Tanjiro's shoulder while picking on Nezuko's box.

"Ok! Can you show me the way?"Asked Tanjiro acting sweet.

The Kasugai crow then flew showing the way to Tanjiro. He walked for 6 hours until the crow was too tired to fly any more. They took a break and Tanjiro gave water to the bird along with bread, after the break, which was close to 30 minutes, they went back on their journey. Tanjiro then arrived to the train station, it was his third time seeing one, he had to hide his Katana because the demon slayer corps still wasn't accepted by the gouvernement. He walked a few wagons to hear someone scream.

"UMAI!"

One bite.

"UMAI!"

Another one.

"UMAI!"

That was the last bite he took before being interrupted by Tanjiro."Um... excuse me. You are Rengoku-san, right? I'm Tanjiro Kamado if you don't remember. I was told my second training would be with you."

"Ah! Yes! I remember you! You are the child whose sister transformed into a demon! And I was told too that you will be training with me!"

"Good! Hope you will take good care of me!" Said Tanjiro bowing.

"But first, I'll evaluate you. It's a good coincidence that we will be killing demons in this train."Said Kyojiro looking at Tanjiro in the eyes.

"Sounds good to me."

Tanjiro sad next to Kyojiro and they talked for an hour until someone in an uniform came to check the tickets. The man switched Tanjiro's ticket with a safe one, Tanjiro planned that Enmu would take over the train and try to kill every passengers in it, excluding Tanjiro. The man in the uniform was shown Tanjiro's face and was told that if he tamped his, he would die in terrible pain. Nothing happened in the train for two days, the train had to stop at a station to load more passengers. Tanjiro saw through the window the two boys he was with in the butterfly mansion, Zenitsu and Inosuke. He internally groaned.