Chapter 4:

Germany rushed out of the main hall, tears burning in his eyes. It was only the first day at the Academy and yet he was already being made fun of. And it was by the number 2 of the Academy! Germany headed towards the library, at least he could bury his head in a book about rocket science or quantum physics there.

Everyone flocked to the newest rising star, while America looked around for Belgium, who was 35th on the power rankings.This would be a really big jump from 1000th as it was the new arrivals' default number. America planned to challenge Belgium. This was super daring of America, if he failed, he would move even further down the rankings. The sea of people seemed endless but America managed to locate Belgium amongst the crowd. He strode towards him. Belgium looked a bit confused at why America was walking up to him.
"Sorry, but I challenge you to a ranking battle!" America declared.
Whispers broke out amongst the crowd. Who was going to win?

They made their way to the Arena. Belgium was a Magicalia and had the ability of goldfire.
"Our first ranking battle of the year! Who will win and who will lose? Who knows!"
Belgium sent out a wave of fire at America, who dodged the attack by trapping the goldfire in a sort of limbo. It couldn't go anywhere. A huge pressure advanced on Belgium and he crashed to the floor. He covered himself with his flames and resisted the increase of gravitational pull. America looked amused. He decreased the gravity until those into the Arena were floating and couldn't move much. He used the edge of the wall to push himself into Belgium. He started in surprise and crashed in the opposite wall. He barely managed to to stay conscious.
"Andddddddd, we have a winner! America advances to 35th place! Belgium moves down to 36! Say hello to the newest rising star, the United States of America Washington DC London!"
Medics rushed forward to treat Belgium.

A few hours later

"That was so cool!" squealed Germany.
America and Germany had been paired up for a assignment about the most notable superpowers of their home region/regions. Germany was from the Zestla region and America was from Yvetlia. Prussia was the Zestla region's most famous superpower. He was an Animalia with a form of a dark phoenix. Yvetlia was famous for the vast amount of superpowers it had suddenly produced in the last century. America decided to write about England, who was his Father's oldest brother. He was a Magicalia and had energy manipulation, he could manipulate any kind of energy.

"Let's do Prussia and Uncle England," said America, ignoring Germany's compliment.
They spent the next hour finishing their project slideshow. World Literacy Trust came over and deposited a mountainous amount of knowledge on them. Germany managed to absorb all the knowledge into his head, America on the other hand only remembered the key points, after all, he could pick up the piece of paper and look at the details later. They packed up their resources and left for the dorms.

There were two bedrooms with a bunk bed in them, there were also two desks, two wardrobes, two cabinets and an adjoining bathroom. America shared a room with Russia and he was in the top bunk. The living room/kitchen was quite large and the fridge had practically everything you could ever need.

America decided to make cake and went up to the fridge and got out some eggs, butter double cream, blueberry jam and milk. From the kitchen cabinets, he retrieved flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, caster sugar, dark chocolate and icing sugar. He filled the kettle and while he waited for it to boil, he preheated the oven. He put the cocoa powder and boiling water into a large bowl and mixed it. America added in the rest of the ingredients and whisked until combined. He added the chocolate and double cream into a bowl and stood the bowl over simmering water until it was all melted. He set it aside to cool. He dumped the batter into baking tins and waited for 27 minutes. After finishing baking the actual cake, he allowed them to cool and turned them over onto a wire rack to finish cooling. America spread the top with the jam and filled the cakes with half of the icing and spread the rest on the top. He drew swirls with his palate knife and dusted it with icing sugar.

"You're making cake?"asked Russia.
America looked at Russia and nodded. He cut the cake into 10 slices and plopped one onto a plate. He gave it to Russia. Russia got out a fork and put a piece in his mouth. He wasn't normally a fan of chocolate but this cake was delectable and soon the piece of cake was gone, only a few smears of frosting remained.
"I'll give it to them tomorrow,"America told Russia.
He headed towards the bedroom and entered the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and took a quick shower. He waited for his hair to dry then changed into his pajamas. America looked at the bathroom door. Russia was still inside. Deciding to ignore Russia's unusually long time in there, America went to bed and fell asleep nearly instantly, still tired from the fight earlier this morning.