Chapter 8:

"We need to go!"
"We cannot leave the other students here!"
"He's after us! If we leave he'll leave them alone!"
A cold chuckle came from behind them. The ominous footsteps gradually got louder and louder.
"Grab my hand, Dixie!"
Their hands intertwined as a luminous blue portal opened up. There was a bright light and the two disappeared. A figure stood in the shadows, furious to have barely missed them.

Azerbaijan's POV

Azerbaijan's POV

America shot up. His eyes searched around for something in the shadows. Seeing nothing in the shade, he finally relaxed.
"America? You just passed out, are you okay?" asked China
Russia, Germany and Kazakhstan stood not far off. America looked at them, perplexed.
"Who may you be?"
The others mirrored America's lost expression. Russia walked over. He placed a hand on America's shoulder. He jerked back and slapped his hand off his shoulder. America retreated back. He tensed up again.
"I would prefer if you did not touch me."
He didn't sound like America. He sounded more mature, more formal.

UN raced over. I've never seen him run before so it was a new experience.
"Union?"
We looked at him in confusion. Who was Union?
"UN, who's America? And why were they calling me him? Where's Dixie? Is LON here? What about the others? Prussia, HRE, Kievan Rus and the others? How about-"
"Union. They're dead. You're about 231 years into the future. Organizations have a different set of rules from nations."
"Then, where may Dixie be?"
UN took a step back. He stared at the floor. None of this answered any of my questions.
"UN. Where. Is. Dixie?"
Germany touched Not-America's halo of stars. Wait. Since when did he have a halo of stars? He smacked Germany's hand off his halo. Not-America glared at him. The ground beneath Germany turned into quicksand. Germany let out a cry of fear. He was sinking far quicker than he should be. I would know, I've been in a similar situation. However, the rate he was sinking at was abnormal.
"Union!"

Germany stopped sinking and got ejected into the air. Honestly, it was kind of hilarious. Until he started to fall. Kazakhstan flew up and and caught him. You know, Kazakhstan is a really nice kid. I'd love to be his friend if I didn't absolutely screw up my first impression. I may have bullied him for being an Animalia... I was so stupid!

Breaking me out of my thoughts was UN scolding Not-America.
"You can't endanger my students like that!"
"He put his hands on my halo! You know how I feel about that!"
"It's not an excuse!"
They started arguing vehemently. Their auras flashed and suddenly we were all on the floor. It was overpowering. I couldn't believe it. Not-America was still standing. UN was the strongest in the world. At least, I thought so.

Time seemed to slow down.
And the world collapsed into darkness