Chapter 11: The Second Bout against The Empire's Strongest

[Author's POV]

Somewhere in the Capital there's a sign that attracted alot of people's attention.
The contents was: Public execution of a NightRaid member and the First Prince for betraying the Empire and joining the rebels.

The people was shocked to hear this, some of them heard that the First Prince was a charismatic person and was loved by all, but they weren't expecting him to side with the Revolutionary Army and join NightRaid, but they couldn't blame him the Corruption of the Empire is so strong that it can't be fixed just by being a Prince.

The day of the public execution.

Inside a coliseum Y/n and Tatsumi can be seen in the middle of the arena, both we're tied in a cross and was Infront of Esdeath and Budo.

Budo: We even used the Teigu as bait, are you sure that NightRaid will come to the rescue?

Esdeath: Considering how Naive Najenda is it's very possible.

Budo: Do you not think there's a greater chance of the palace being infiltrated, using this event as a distraction?

Esdeath: That's why my subordinates are back at the palace, isn't it? Just be patient and sit still for a while. The purpose of this event is to show how much of a threat you and I are, or so they say.

Budo: Sounds like something the Prime Minister would say.

Tatsumi: ....Do you...

Tatsumi said gaining the attention of Budo Infront of him, as well as Y/n's.

Tatsumi: ...Not know about the atrocities that the Prime Minister has created? Are you really fine taking orders from him...?!

Y/n: Don't bother to ask, this guy right here fights on his own pace. He wants to deal with the Revolutionary Army first then go after the root.

Budo: The Prince is correct, my family has served to protect the Empire for generations. It is our duty to protect his majesty and the Empire.

Upon hearing this Y/n burst into laughter confusing the audience as well as the three.

Budo: What's so funny?

Y/n: What's funny?! Hahahah! It's funny since... You were never there when Father died from poisoning given by the Prime Minister.

This surprised the audience but didn't believe it to be true since there isn't any evidence, but with the three Budo was thinking of this possibility. Because of not being near the Emperor, he didn't manage to find anything involving his death. It was only said that the death was a natural cause.

Budo: Either way, the Minister will be handled accordingly after we've dealt with the Revolutionary Army.

Esdeath: ...Well, when that happens, Your opponent will be me... I look forward to it.

Esdeath then puts her hand on the handle of her Rapier and begins to Unsheathed it.

Esdeath: Well then, it's almost time to begin, I will be the one to kill Tatsumi while you execute Y/n afterwards. I'm taking Tatsumi's corpse as well.

Budo: We've already agreed to this. Do as you wish.

Esdeath: Alright.

Esdeath fully Unsheathed her rapier and was walking towards Tatsumi who only glares at her.