Chapter 14: Fight Against The Empire

[Author's POV]

At the base of NightRaid, in the dining room we can see everyone eating except for Y/n and Susanoo who was cooking food.

Najenda: We can worry about tommorow, tommorow... For now just kick back and let loose today!

Leone: Dayum~! Those two went all out!!

Everyone was eating their food at their normal pace except for Akame who was eating slowly.
While Leone was drinking Alcohol.

Leone: Hell~ Yeah!! This is what I'm talking about~!

Najenda: Drink up! I don't want to see a drop of booze in any bottle!!

Leone: Dayum right!

Najenda: That free-spirited optimism of yours... It's during times like these that it shines the most.

Lubbock: You ok Najenda? You're never like this, giving out compliments and all...

Leone: Yeah... You hit your head or something?

Najenda: It's the night before the war... Maybe I'm just talking crazy.

Leone: Ok! If crazy's how we're doing it, I might as well come clean now. I've actually been sneaking to your secret stash of Booze.

Najenda: I thought it was drying up rather quickly... Ah well... I'll just let bygones be bygones...

Leone: I'm not done... When you sent me on a mission to the capital after I finished I'd always end up blowing all of the expenses on gambling.

Najenda: Well... The assignments got completed so... I can let bygones...

Najenda then was interrupted by Leone who was in her lion form.

Leone: Hrmm... Yeah there was also that time... Yeah I should come clean now while I can...

Leone said wagging her tail.

Mine: So that was your mess?!

Najenda: Do me a favor and reminisce about them after the fight is over!

Tatsumi then noticed something off with Akame.
And when he observed he saw that Akame wa seatings slowly unlike how she usually eats.

Tatsumi: Something the matter Akame?! You're eating so... Slowly... Y/n! Something's doesn't seem right with Akame!!

Y/n then ran out of the kitchen and checked on what happened.

Y/n: What happened?!

Tatsumi: It's akame... She's eating... Slowly...

Y/n: Shit! Suu! Re-cook everything! Something's wrong with the food if Akame's eating slowly!

Susanoo: Got it!

The others then looked at the commotion happening with Y/n and the others, and saw Akame had a pretty grim look.

Leone: Yikes! That's a pretty grim look you got there Akame...

Mine: Something the matter?

Najenda: What's wrong Akame!?

Akame: Nothing... There's no need to re-cook everything Y/n, Suu... It's just that I'm happy to see a lot of us still managed to survive... It's reminds me of the others. Sheele, Bulat and Chelsea... It's thanks to everyone that... At this moment... I'm still standing here now.

Y/n then told Susanoo to not re-cook Everything and sat down next to his lover.

Akame: Our final mission... We will eliminate those who have rotted and Corrupted this country at all cost!! That is our sworn duty as those who survived!